I want to show you how to make insane keto pizza pancakes with mozzarella dough. Naturally gluten-free and low-carb. Perfect when you want a quick and easy keto pizza family meal.
There’s a quick cooking video for you and the recipe notes show you how to make mozzarella dough with almond flour OR coconut flour.
If you are an absolute beginner, you may want to see the supreme guide to making fat head dough even without a microwave. Can be made with almond flour or coconut flour EVEN WITHOUT a microwave PLUS 16 keto recipes to use it.
Can you make pancakes into pizza?
For most people, pancakes are breakfast food. But they can be turned into savoury, cheesy, and meaty meals – like pizza!
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
You’ve seen me make keto waffle pizzas before, so here’s my take on its smoother counterpart. It is low-carb, grain-free and gluten-free – making it another yummy addition to your collection of kid-friendly recipes.
What is Fat Head dough?
If you have never heard of mozzarella dough (aka Fat Head dough) you are in for an absolute treat. Take a look at Fat Head pizza and see why this is the Holy Grail of keto pizzas.
Fat Head dough is also known as mozzarella dough. It is a simple recipe using mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour (or coconut flour), and an egg. That’s it. A simple keto recipe the whole family will love.
Which flour do you use to make Fat Head dough?
Traditionally you would use almond flour to make Fat Head dough, but in the reciep notes below, I have givien you a substitution using coconut flour instead.
I am often asked if you can substitute almond flour for coconut flour and the quick answer is no. These two low-carb flours have completely different baking properties from one another. Coconut flour is the dehydrated and defatted part of the coconut and requires a lot more liquid and eggs for the baking (or dough) to work.
There is no easy substitution guide that will guarantee keto baking so I suggest if you are new to low-carb and keto baking, you only bake with recipes that have been developed using one flour or the other.
Low-Carb Pizza Pancakes (gluten-free)
Make lunch and snacks extra fun with these Keto Pizza Pancakes!
Pizza and pancakes are all-time kid favourites. You can combine the two into an easy meal that your kids would love to help you make in the kitchen!
This idea is terrific for quick meals at home, packed lunches, school lunches, and birthday parties.
Go on and get creative! What toppings would you put on these?
How to make Keto Pizza Pancakes – step by step
Keto Pizza Pancakes Recipe (Mozzarella Dough)
- 170 g shredded/grated cheese mozzarella is the best
- 85 g almond meal/flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 eggs – medium medium
- pinch salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary/ garlic or other flavourings (optional)
- your choice of toppings such as pepperoni peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives, ground/mince beef, mushrooms, herbs etc
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Place one portion at a time in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos above). Remove the top baking paper/parchment.
- Gently fry each keto pizza pancake in a medium heat frying pan for 5 minutes until golden, then flip and cook on the other side for a further 5 minutes (or until golden brown and cooked).
- Remove the pizza pancake from the frying pan and load it up with your favourite pizza toppings (all meat must be pre-cooked, not raw).
- Place the pizza back in the frying pan, cover with a lid to allow the heat to melt the cheese and warm the toppings. Remove the lid for the last minute to allow any steam to escape and make sure the pancakes remain crisp, not soggy.
More keto pizza recipes
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!