You will love the simplicity of Keto Eggs Benedict in the Instant Pot! This recipe is foolproof and you will have breakfast for the whole family in less than 5 minutes!
Keto Eggs Benedict
Making this classic brunch time meal has never been easier. All you need is about 5 minutes and you will have delicious eggs benedict for the whole family ready to eat; fresh hollandaise sauce and a quick and easy toasted low-carb muffin included!
Don’t have a bunch of people to make breakfast for? No problem, you can easily adapt this recipe to serve 1 or 14. It really couldn’t get much easier.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
How to Make Keto Muffins
We took inspiration for our low-carb muffin from this 1 Minute Keto Muffins recipe. The muffins used in this recipe are a little different, but the concept is the same. Just mix the muffin ingredients listed below in a ramekin or mug and microwave for 90 seconds.
The muffin will firm as it cools and then you can slice the muffin in half for toasting. I popped mine in my toaster, but you could also use toast in the oven or toaster oven.
Since hollandaise sauce is made with egg yolks, I decided to use the egg whites in the muffins. No need to waste the wonderful egg whites.
How To Cook Poached Eggs In The Instant Pot
Making poached eggs in the Instant Pot is quick and easy. Just add a cup of water to the Instant Pot and place a trivet at the bottom. Then crack your eggs into a greased ramekin, silicone tray, or silicone muffin liners.
To poach the eggs arrange the containers on the trivet. Close the lid and cook the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes using the “pressure cook” or “manual” button. Once you hear the timer beep, quickly release the pressure and remove the eggs from the Instant Pot. Use a spoon to gently remove the poached eggs from the container.
The cook time for the poached eggs can vary depending on your elevation and the thickness of the container you use to cook your eggs. Because of this, I suggest you start with 1 minute cook time, check the eggs, and cook for one more minute if needed. You only have to do this the first time you make poached eggs. Once you have it figured out, you’re all ready for the next time.
How To Make Easy Keto Hollandaise Sauce
To make the keto hollandaise sauce you will want to pull out your blender. Add your eggs and lemon juice to the blender, close the lid, and then press start. As the blender is going slowly pour your melted butter into the blender.
The hot butter will mix with the yolk and start to thicken. You will want to keep blending for about 30 seconds. Since the hot butter is used to cook thicken the sauce instead of a double boiler, you will want to make sure the butter is so hot, it’s almost bubbling, barely melted butter won’t do the trick here.
Keto Eggs Benedict in the Instant Pot
Now that you have made the muffins, eggs, and hollandaise sauce the only thing missing in the back bacon/ham/Canadian bacon (whichever it is called in your country).
I like to quickly pan sear my back bacon, but you can warm it up however you. You may want to heat your back bacon while the eggs are cooking so that your eggs stay warm.
Once your bacon is heated it’s time to assemble the eggs benedict. Layer your eggs benedict by putting half the toasted muffin on at the bottom (trust me you want to toast that muffin). Then layer spinach if desired, back bacon, a poached egg, and top it off with a spoonful of hollandaise sauce.
That’s really all you need to do! Breakfast done in 5 minutes! And since you are using your Instant Pot you do some of the steps while your eggs are cooking, just be sure to keep your ears open for the timer beep.
Keto Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Instant Pot – Accessories Pack
- Instant Pot
Low-Carb Muffins (per person)
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond meal/flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg (per person)
- 1 cup water no matter how many eggs you are poaching
Hollandaise Sauce (per person)
- 2 egg yolks (leftover from muffin)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt omit if using salted butter
- 4 tbsp butter melted and bubbling
Additional Ingredients (per person)
- 1-2 sliced bacon or ham also known as Canadian bacon
- 2-4 leaves spinach (optional)
- Place the butter in a ramekin or flat bottom coffee mug. Microwave the butter for 10-15 seconds to melt the butter.
- Using a fork, mix in the baking powder and almond flour. Once the almond flour is mixed, crack the eggs and separate the white from the yolk. The eggs white should be placed your batter, and the egg yolks should be saved for the hollandaise sauce.
- Mix the muffin batter well with the fork. Then place the muffin in the microwave for 90 seconds. The muffin will rise up quite a bit but will lower as it cools.
- When the muffin is done, run a knife around the edge to loosen then remove from the ramekin. Let the muffin cool then cut it in half and toast it.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot then place a trivet at the bottom.
- Grease ramekins, a silicone trays, or silicone muffin liners. Then crack an egg into each cup/container. You do not need to cover the container. Lower the container to rest of the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to seal. Cook the eggs for 1-2 minutes using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting. When the timer beep quickly release the pressure and remove the eggs.
- To remove the poached eggs carefully run a spoon around the edge and then scoop the poached eggs out of the container.
- Add the egg yolks, salt, and lemon juice to a blender. Turn it on.
- While the blender is going slowly pour the melted butter into the blender from the top. Make sure the butter is very hot and bubbling. Let the blender run for about 30 seconds and then turn it off. You hollandaise sauce is done.
- Place half the toasted muffin on a plate. Layer the spinach, back bacon or ham, and a poached egg on top. Drizzle a spoonful of hollandaise sauce over top and enjoy!
- Each ingredient for the keto eggs benedict is shown per person.
- Simply poach/cook as many eggs as you require in the Instant Pot and make the accompanying muffins and Hollandaise sauce per person.
More healthy keto breakfast recipes you may like:
- How to boil eggs in the Instant Pot
- 23 Easy Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Keto waffles
- Keto green smoothies
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!