When you just don’t know what to eat for lunch, go with soup. It’s always reliable and really simple. Plus, there is something comforting about a hot bowl of soup. It warms you up from the inside out.
If you are gonna eat Italian sausage soup for dinner, serve it with an easy low-carb Caprese salad. All the flavors in the soup and salad taste like your favorite treats from your favorite Italian restaurant.
Keto Italian Sausage Soup Tips
This is a super-simple soup that you can make even when you are busy or rushed. These tips will help it turn out perfectly every single time.
- Shred parmesan cheese at home. Not only will it taste better, but you won’t have to worry about extra anti-caking ingredients they add to packaged shredded cheese.
- Use full-fat cream cheese. It’s best for your low-carb diet and keeps you Thin-Adapted. If you can’t find cream cheese, use Neufchâtel cheese instead.
- Use spicy or hot Italian sausage to give this soup some kick.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. The creamy sauce will solidify in the refrigerator. Heat it up and it will melt again.
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage (try hot if you like it spicy!)
- 6 c. chicken bone broth
- 1 14oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 8oz. Package cream cheese
- 1 small zucchini, chopped1 tsp. Dried basil
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 4 c. baby spinach
- Shredded parmesan cheese (for topping)
Step 1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and sausage to the pot and cook crumbling meat with a spoon until the onion is soft and translucent and the meat is just browned.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Step 2. Add bone broth and diced tomatoes to the pot, then stir in cream cheese until melted.
Step 3. Add zucchini, basil, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat & simmer for 15-20 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
Step 4. Spinach and mix until wilted, about 3 minutes more.
Step 5. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Creamy Italian Sausage Soup
- Large Soup Pot
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 6 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 14 ounces Fire Roasted Tomatoes one 14-ounce can
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 small Zucchini chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Melt butter in large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and sausage to pot and cook, crumbling meat with a spoon, until onion is soft and translucent and meat is just browned.
- Add bone broth and diced tomatoes to pot, then stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Add zucchini, basil, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat & simmer for 15-20 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- And spinach and mix until wilted, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!