Make keto cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving dinner. It has the same sweet and tangy flavors you love—made with fresh cranberries!
Our recipe is a noticeable improvement to the standard “cranberry sauce from a can” that graces so many people’s tables at Thanksgiving. Everyone will notice the difference when you make sugar-free cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries and fresh orange zest!
🌟 If you made this recipe and LOVED it, please leave a 5-star review! 🌟
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Why You’ll Love It
- Uses fresh cranberries and orange zest
- Only four simple steps
- Crowd pleasing
- Easy to make ahead of time
- Makes your kitchen smell like the holidays
Keto Cranberry Sauce Tips
It’s so easy to make homemade cranberry sauce. The following tips will help you successfully make keto cranberry sauce the first time.
Measure Cranberries Carefully
Are cranberries keto friendly? They aren’t low in carbs, especially in large amounts. Be careful with how many cranberries you use in this recipe. You should also watch how many servings you eat. There are five grams of total carbs in each serving of this homemade cranberry sauce.
Keep Heating To Thicken It
Cranberry sauce doesn’t need sugar for it to thicken. You just need to keep stirring it over low heat until it thickens naturally. If your sauce is too thin or watery, keep simmering it until it thickens.
Make It Ahead Of Time
This is a fantastic side dish to make ahead of time. Store the prepared keto cranberry sauce in the refrigerator for up to three days. Keep it in an airtight container and then reheat it on the stove before you serve it.
Here’s what you’ll need from the store before you make this recipe. Read through the list of ingredients below (we will also share any swaps/substitutions you can make).
- Cranberries: Use fresh cranberries. If you use frozen cranberries, thaw them and drain as much liquid as you can so it doesn’t thin out the sauce.
- Powdered Sweetener: We recommend a combination of Erythritol and Monk Fruit.
- Water: You don’t need this from the store, but it’s an important ingredient because it creates the perfect texture.
- Orange Zest: Grate a fresh orange right before you make the sauce.
- Cinnamon: You don’t need much cinnamon to spice the entire dish.
- Nutmeg: This adds earthy spice to the dish.
- Orange Extract: An extract is the perfect thing to use when you want the flavor without the carbs.
- Vanilla Extract: The higher quality the vanilla, the better the cranberry sauce will taste.
How To Make Keto Cranberry Sauce
All the exact steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, we have some photos of each step in this recipe so you can see how we made it (this is for you, visual learners). Here’s what the recipe looks like when you make it.
Step 1: Add Ingredients to Saucepan. Add everything except the two types of extract to the saucepan.
Step 2: Simmer the Ingredients. Bring these ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer it uncovered. Keep simmering it until the cranberries pop and the sauce is thicker.
Step 3: Add Extracts. Stir in the orange and vanilla extracts.
Step 4: Cool and Serve. Bring the sauce to room temperature and serve it.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here’s the complete recipe in the printable recipe card!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe—thank you! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz. Fresh Cranberries
- 1 c. Powdered Sweetener we recommend a blend of erythritol and monk fruit
- ¾ c. Water
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Orange Extract
- 1 tsp. High-Quality Vanilla Extract
- Mix all ingredients except the two extracts together in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes until cranberries have popped and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in orange extract and vanilla extract.
- Cool to room temperature and store in refrigerator until serving time.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!