Make keto cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving dinner. It has the same sweet and tangy flavors you love—made with fresh cranberries!
Our recipe is a noticeable improvement to the standard “cranberry sauce from a can” that graces so many people’s tables at Thanksgiving. Everyone will notice the difference when you make sugar-free cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries and fresh orange zest!
🌟 If you made this recipe and LOVED it, please leave a 5-star review! 🌟
Why You’ll Love It
- Uses fresh cranberries and orange zest
- Only four simple steps
- Crowd pleasing
- Easy to make ahead of time
- Makes your kitchen smell like the holidays
Keto Cranberry Sauce Tips
It’s so easy to make homemade cranberry sauce. The following tips will help you successfully make keto cranberry sauce the first time.
Measure Cranberries Carefully
Are cranberries keto friendly? They aren’t low in carbs, especially in large amounts. Be careful with how many cranberries you use in this recipe. You should also watch how many servings you eat. There are five grams of total carbs in each serving of this homemade cranberry sauce.
Keep Heating To Thicken It
Cranberry sauce doesn’t need sugar for it to thicken. You just need to keep stirring it over low heat until it thickens naturally. If your sauce is too thin or watery, keep simmering it until it thickens.
Make It Ahead Of Time
This is a fantastic side dish to make ahead of time. Store the prepared keto cranberry sauce in the refrigerator for up to three days. Keep it in an airtight container and then reheat it on the stove before you serve it.
Here’s what you’ll need from the store before you make this recipe. Read through the list of ingredients below (we will also share any swaps/substitutions you can make).
- Cranberries: Use fresh cranberries. If you use frozen cranberries, thaw them and drain as much liquid as you can so it doesn’t thin out the sauce.
- Powdered Sweetener: We recommend a combination of Erythritol and Monk Fruit.
- Water: You don’t need this from the store, but it’s an important ingredient because it creates the perfect texture.
- Orange Zest: Grate a fresh orange right before you make the sauce.
- Cinnamon: You don’t need much cinnamon to spice the entire dish.
- Nutmeg: This adds earthy spice to the dish.
- Orange Extract: An extract is the perfect thing to use when you want the flavor without the carbs.
- Vanilla Extract: The higher quality the vanilla, the better the cranberry sauce will taste.
How To Make Keto Cranberry Sauce
All the exact steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, we have some photos of each step in this recipe so you can see how we made it (this is for you, visual learners). Here’s what the recipe looks like when you make it.
Step 1: Add Ingredients to Saucepan. Add everything except the two types of extract to the saucepan.
Step 2: Simmer the Ingredients. Bring these ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer it uncovered. Keep simmering it until the cranberries pop and the sauce is thicker.
Step 3: Add Extracts. Stir in the orange and vanilla extracts.
Step 4: Cool and Serve. Bring the sauce to room temperature and serve it.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here’s the complete recipe in the printable recipe card!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe—thank you! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz. Fresh Cranberries
- 1 c. Powdered Sweetener we recommend a blend of erythritol and monk fruit
- ¾ c. Water
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Orange Extract
- 1 tsp. High-Quality Vanilla Extract
- Mix all ingredients except the two extracts together in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes until cranberries have popped and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in orange extract and vanilla extract.
- Cool to room temperature and store in refrigerator until serving time.
PIN FOR LATER
Love what you see?
Check out our 28 Day Metabolism Reset program! Our easy to follow program has helped thousands of women lose weight and feel great, without feeling hungry all the time. Now is your chance to get all the tools you need to succeed (even when your life feels crazy)!