A deliciously easy, baked grain-free granola made with simple ingredients on a baking tray.
Homemade sugar-free granola is an easy breakfast for the entire family and you can vary all the delicious seeds and nuts to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Grain-free granola is the perfect way to start your busy day when you don’t have time to make breakfast.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Easy keto breakfast meal prep
At the start of a busy day, it’s great to be able to have breakfast already made. The easiest keto breakfast meal prep has to be a homemade granola recipe.
Once you get into the habit of making grain-free granola, it really is incredibly simple to do every Sunday night.
The granola is easy to store in the pantry, fridge, and even freezer making it the perfect make-ahead keto breakfast.
Homemade granola is packed with a variety of seeds, nuts, spices, coconut, and is filling and nutrient-dense.
The recipe below is purely a guide as to what I use but have fun and change the ingredients to things you really love.
I always have my pantry full of coconut, seeds, nuts, and whatever else I feel like throwing in the granola mix, then pop it all in a large roasting dish with coconut oil and some spices.
- desiccated/shredded coconut – unsweetened
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- dried fennel seeds
- ground ginger
- ground cardamom
- granulated sweetener – add more or less, to your taste
- coconut oil – melted
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
Vary the spices or flavours or even make a plain one then allow your family and children to sprinkle on some dried spices or cocoa to make it ‘their way’.
The other grain-free granola’s I have made are plain, cinnamon and chocolate but hands down this granola recipe is my favourite. I even sprinkle more fennel seeds in my bowl before I eat it.
You can use and serve grain-free granola in many ways.
- Add milk and low-sugar berries
- Add unsweetened yoghurt and berries
- Sprinkle on whipped cream and berries for a quick low carb dessert
- Add to your grain free granola bars
- Take a little pot in your handbag or car as an emergency snack
More keto granola recipes
Try these grain-free granolas also. Is there another flavour you would like me to develop next?
- 9 best sugar-free homemade granola recipes
- Low-carb cinnamon Crunch
- Sugar-free and gluten-free granola Bars
- Sugar-free chocolate Granola
- The Original Grain Free Granola – this is a fabulous post to watch the video and read all the myths regarding “healthy cereals”
Fennel And Ginger Grain-Free Granola Recipe
- 400 g desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
- 150 g sunflower seeds
- 150 g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp dried fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground cardamom
- 5 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 50 g coconut oil melted
- Place all the ingredients in a large roasting dish.
- Mix together with a large spoon.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/350F for 20 minutes but you must turn the mixture every 3-4 minutes. I set my timer each time I put it back in the oven as it is too darn easy to forget and lose an expensive batch of grain free granola if it accidentally burns.
- Once the entire grain free granola is browned and baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing in storage jars.
- Serving size is 1/2 cup, aprox 43g.
- I store mine in the pantry, even in the summer where it should last for up to a month.
- Alternatively, store in the fridge for up to 2 months or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!