Dip, drizzle, and savor the creamy bliss of keto ranch dressing.
At only 0.9 net carbs per serving, it’s the ultimate flavor upgrade for your keto lifestyle.
Ranch dressing is the ultimate sauce that can dress up almost any meal. In the United States, it is used to eat raw vegetables, as a salad dressing, or drizzled over savory dishes like pizza and wings.
Ready to lose weight and get healthy for life without dieting, drugs or making yourself miserable?
Our free on demand video training will help you understand why it’s been so hard and what do to about it.
Keto ranch dressing is crafted using a combination of sour cream and mayonnaise, which provide a creamy base for the dressing. The flavor is enhanced with additions like lemon juice, dill, parsley, and chives to create an addicting blend that is both low-carb and keto-friendly.
- Sour cream – full-fat sour cream add richness and a little tangy to the base of your ranch dressing.
- Mayonnaise – select a real mayo that has no added sugars or make your own using our 1-minute mayo recipe.
- Lemon Juice – fresh lemon juice works best to add brightness and a refreshing tang to the keto ranch dressing.
- Herbs and Seasoning – parsley, dill, chives, garlic powder, and onion powder are used to season the dressing. Fresh herbs can be used, but I prefer dried herbs since the dressing will last longer in the refrigerator.
- Salt and Pepper – freshly ground salt and pepper added to taste.
- Water – used sparingly to adjust the consistency of the dressing, ensuring it is not overly thick and allowing it to be easily drizzled or dipped.
See recipe card for quantities.
Two methods can be used to make homemade keto ranch dressing. You can mix all your ingredients together in a bowl, or you can shake them all together in a jar with a lid. Choose the method that works best for you.
To start, combine all the ingredients except the water together in a bowl. Mix them together until well combined and smooth. If the dressing seems too thick, you can add a little water to achieve the desired consistency. Start with a tablespoon of water and gradually add more if needed. Stir well to incorporate the water into the dressing and you reach your desired consistency.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the dressing to an airtight container. Refrigerate the keto ranch dressing for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together and for the dressing to thicken slightly. This step is optional but results in the best flavor.
Shake or stir the ranch after chilling to ensure there is no separation. Your keto ranch dressing is now ready to serve!
Hint: to make keto ranch dip to use with raw vegetables simply skip the additional water and serve the ranch thick. Be sure to chill the ranch dip for an hour before using it for the best flavor.
Need to replace one or more ingredients with something else to meet your dietary needs? Check out the list below for our recommended substitutions.
- Sour cream – Greek yogurt or a combination of Greek yogurt and cream cheese can be used as a low-carb alternative to sour cream.
- Mayonnaise – Use more sour cream or Greek yogurt in place of mayo. The ranch will taste tangier, but will still be tasty.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon zest can be used instead of lemon juice to add a citrusy flavor.
- Dried Dill or Parsley – Substitute dried dill and parsley with finely chopped fresh dill and parsley. You may need to double the amount of fresh herbs to get the same flavor.
- Chives – Chopped green onions or scallions make an excellent low-carb replacement for chives.
- Garlic powder – Minced fresh garlic can be used as a substitute for garlic powder.
- Onion powder – Finely minced fresh onion can be used as a low-carb alternative to onion powder.
- Water – Water can be replaced with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk if a slightly creamier consistency is desired.
Keep in mind that using fresh herbs, garlic, or onions will shorten the lifespan span if your ranch since they will spoil faster than dried herbs and seasoning. Your dressing may only last 3-5 days compared to 7-10 days.
Take your keto ranch dressing to the next level with these 5 delicious flavor variations below:
- Spicy Jalapeno Ranch – Add finely diced jalapenos or a dash of hot sauce to the keto ranch dressing for a fiery kick and a spicy twist.
- Buffalo Ranch – Incorporate a tablespoon or more of buffalo sauce into the dressing for a tangy flavor reminiscent of classic buffalo wings. Perfect for ranch dip.
- Herb Garden Ranch – Add fresh herbs like basil, tarragon, or cilantro to the dressing, giving it a vibrant and aromatic profile.
- Smoky Chipotle Ranch – Introduce some smoky heat by adding a spoonful of chipotle chili powder or adobo sauce to the keto ranch dressing.
- Lemon-Pepper Ranch – Enhance the zesty element by adding lemon zest and extra freshly ground black pepper to the dressing. You could also sprinkle in some lemon pepper seasoning.
Drizzle this ranch over our slow cooker buffalo chicken lettuce wraps.
To make keto ranch dressing, you will need the following equipment:
- Mixing Bowl – A medium-sized mixing bowl will be required to combine and blend the ingredients effectively. You could also use a jar with a lid to shake the dressing together.
- Whisk or Spoon – You can use a whisk or spoon to mix the ingredients together to make your dressing.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – Use measuring cups and spoons to accurately measure the quantities of sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and various spices needed for the recipe.
- Plastic Wrap or Airtight Container – If you plan to refrigerate the dressing after preparation, you will need plastic wrap to cover the bowl or an airtight container-like jar with a lid to store the dressing.
By using these tools you will be able to quickly make your ranch dressing and store it safely.
To store your keto ranch dressing, follow these steps:
- Transfer the prepared dressing into an airtight container or a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the container in the refrigerator. The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days if using dried herbs, garlic, or onions. Ranch with fresh herbs, garlic, or onions can be stored for 3-5 days.
- Before each use, give the container a gentle shake or stir to redistribute any separated ingredients and ensure consistent flavor.
This homemade ranch dressing does not hold up well when frozen so we do not recommend freezing the dressing. You can cut the recipe in half or double as needed to meet your needs.
For the best flavor, allow the dressing to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using it. This resting period allows the flavors to meld together, resulting in a more cohesive and flavorful dressing.
While Hidden Valley Ranch may be low in carbs, the ingredients list is not keto-friendly. Hidden Valley Ranch uses vegetable oil, buttermilk, sugar, and other ingredients that are not keto-approved.
The main difference between ranch dressing and dipping ranch is that ranch dressing has a thinner consistency and is typically used as a salad dressing while dipping ranch is thicker so that it sticks to food dipped in it.
To make homemade ranch seasoning, combine dried herbs and spices such as dried dill, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in the desired ratios for a flavorful ranch seasoning blend. You can mix the seasoning into unflavored powdered creamer for a shelf-stable ranch seasoning powder if desired.
We do not recommend freezing ranch dressing since it will change the texture and flavor of the dressing. While you can technically freeze ranch, we recommend cutting the recipe in half instead of freezing it if you don’t think you will use all the keto ranch dressing before it spoils.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Keto Ranch Dressing
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Jar with lid
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried chives
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- +/- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the water. Mix them together until well combined and smooth.If the dressing seems too thick, you can add a little water to achieve the desired consistency. Start with a tablespoon of water and gradually add more if needed. Stir well to incorporate the water into the dressing.
- Once you've reached the desired consistency, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the dressing to an airtight container. Refrigerate the keto ranch dressing for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together and for the dressing to thicken slightly. This step is optional but results in the best flavor. Shake or stir the ranch after chilling. Your keto ranch dressing is now ready to serve!
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!