Here is another easy low-carb dinner recipe, this time making low-carb creamed chicken soup in the slow cooker. You only need an old chicken carcass (chicken bones) with some chicken meat so it’s almost free.
How to turn chicken bones into soup
After having a roast chicken, leave some meat on the bones and add the chicken carcass to the slow cooker with whatever veggies you have at hand.
Unlike the bone broth recipe, you only cook this soup for a few hours and keep the meat and vegetables to puree into a smooth soup. Bone broth however, is cooked for up to 24 hours and the bones and vegetables discarded as all the nutrients have been slowly boiled out into the broth.
This low carb chicken soup makes for a more substantial meal, add some cream cheese or sour cream at the end.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Low Carb Creamed Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 roast chicken carcass with some meat attached
- 1 red onion quartered and sliced
- 3 pieces carrots cut into 2cm
- 3 pieces celery sticks cut into 2cm
- 1 slice bacon diced
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cover with boiling water.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Remove the bones and place the meat back into the soup.
- Puree with a stick blender with the blade attachment.
- Serve with cream cheese or sour cream.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!