The world’s no.1 low-carb mozzarella dough recipe with the cooking video that has gone viral (3 million views so far).
You’ll fall in love with easy low-carb and gluten-free bagels, garlic bread, pizza, and pizza scrolls.
Scroll down to watch the amazing viral cooking video to see how to make these 4 recipe variations.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
If you are an absolute beginner, you may want to see the supreme guide to making fat head dough even without a microwave. Can be made with almond flour or coconut flour EVEN WITHOUT a microwave PLUS 16 keto recipes to use it.
What Is Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough?
The low-carb bread dough is naturally grain-free, wheat-free, low carb, and keto. Everyone LOVES it, even unsuspecting carb lovers.
Once you try low-carb mozzarella dough, there is no going back to the regular wheat-based dough.
And don’t even think about eating the gluten-free ultra-processed pizzas out there. Read this post to understand why gluten-free junk is still junk.
It was the brainchild of Tom Naughton who is the genius behind the Fat Head movie – hence the original name, Fat Head dough.
The Basic Recipe – 4 Ways
This bread alternative is so versatile and so simple. It is the Holy Grail of low-carb bread doughs.
Simply learn how to make the one basic low-carb dough recipe, and you can choose to turn it into any one of the 4 simple recipes below.
1: Fat Head Pizza – the Holy Grail
- Place the low-carb dough in between 2 pieces of baking parchment paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos in this post). Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
2: Low-Carb Bagels
- Add 1 tsp of baking powder to the dough mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mozzarella dough into 6 equal sizes. Roll into balls then into cylinder shapes as shown in the video.
- Fold the ends of the cylinder shapes in a circle and squeeze the two ends together to form a bagel shape.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 220C/425F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serving suggestions – cream cheese, avocado, smoked salmon, bacon bits
3: Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough – Garlic Bread
- Add 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp parsley, and 1 tbsp garlic to the basic low-carb dough recipe, and mix.
- Place the dough onto a baking tray/sheet pan lined with baking parchment. Form into a garlic bread shape.
- Cut little slices into the low-carb garlic bread.
- Mix 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp parsley, and 1 tsp garlic. Brush over the top of the low-carb garlic bread, and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake at 220C/425F for 15 minutes, or until golden and soft.
4: Low-Carb Fat Head – Pizza Scrolls
- Spread tomato sauce or tomato paste (watch for any added sugars) over the dough, sprinkle over diced pieces of pepperoni and cheese.
- Roll up into a long sausage shape.
- Cut the scroll into small slices. Place each pizza scroll on a baking tray/sheet pan lined with baking parchment.
- Add more cheese then bake at 220C/425F for 15 minutes.
Keto Mozzarella Dough Recipe (4 ways)
- 170 g shredded/grated cheese mozzarella
- 85 g almond meal/flour *see recipe notes below
- 2 tbsp cream cheese full fat
- 1 eggs – medium medium
- pinch salt to taste
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Use the basic mozzarella dough in a variety of ways detailed below.
More fat head recipes
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!