These dairy-free Paleo Easter eggs allow you to finally enjoy Easter AND stay sugar-free.
They are super easy to make, and only take 20 minutes until they are ready to eat.
Paleo Easter Eggs are a tasty little treat with no added sugar, egg-free, dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free, gluten-free little bundles of joy.
Are Easter eggs keto?
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
You only need 6 simple ingredients to make homemade sugar-free Easter eggs.
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
- desiccated/shredded coconut – unsweetened
- coconut oil – melted
- coconut cream – not coconut milk
- powdered sweetener – add more or less to your taste
- vanilla extract – or peppermint or raspberry
- 90% dark chocolate – or sugar-free chocolate chips
I prefer my sugar-free Easter eggs to be vanilla flavoured, but 2 out of my 3 kiddos love peppermint flavour or raspberry. If your family is divided on which flavour they prefer, then split the recipe in half, and flavour one half with peppermint essence and the other half with vanilla – everyone is kept happy.
How to make dairy-free sugar-freeEaster eggs
This easy recipe for healthy Easter eggs is so simple, you can get your kids involved PLUS the Easter eggs are all made in one mixing bowl. Anything for less washing up has to be a bonus.
Step 1: Make the Easter eggs.
Simply mix all the Easter egg ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then take small spoons and roll as best you can into Easter egg shapes. Place on a lined baking/cookie tray and pop into the freezer for 5 minutes to set and harden.
Step 2: Make the sugar-free chocolate coating
Now for the dairy-free chocolate coating. You have a few options here.
- Lindt 90% – this is my favourite as it is quick and easy and the dairy-free chocolate sets firm and solid.
- Sugar-free chocolate – a reminder to check ingredients carefully. Some sweeteners still raise blood sugars.
- Sugar-free magic shell – the sugar and dairy free coconut oil chocolate magic shell that I make for ice-cream is the perfect coating HOWEVER it must always be refrigerated as coconut oil has such a low melting point.
Top Tip: Another fun way to avoid all the sugar from Easter egg hunts, is to have an Easter hunt for toys and Easter-styled gifts such as stationery, pencils, and erasers.
You can store your sugar-free chocolate Easter eggs in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 2 months.
If you leave these delicious homemade Easter eggs out of the fridge for too long they will soften and become tricky to eat. I suggest always storing them in the fridge.
More sugar-free chocolate recipes
- Chocolate flourless fudge cake
- Chocolate swirl baked cheesecake
- Chocolate green smoothie
- Chocolate heaven cake
- Chocolate mint truffles
- Mocha ice bombs
Sugar-Free Keto Easter Eggs (Dairy-Free)
Sugar and dairy free keto Easter eggs
- 150 g desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
- 140 g coconut oil melted
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 6 tbsp powdered sweetener or more to your taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or peppermint)
- 100 g 90% dark chocolate
Sugar and dairy free keto Easter eggs
- Place all the Easter egg ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Roll a small spoon of the Easter egg mixture into egg-like shapes.
- Place each Easter egg onto a lined tray and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- If you would like to make the Chocolate Magic Shell, click here for the recipe.
- If you are using store-bought chocolate such as Lindt 90% (or a good quality sugar-free chocolate), melt gently then dip each cooled keto Easter egg into the melted chocolate and place back onto the lined tray.
- Pop back into the fridge to set.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!