Discover 4 easy 1-MINUTE keto mug cheesecakes you can cook in the microwave, without any eggs.
Keto “nutella”, blueberry, pumpkin pie spice, and strawberry.
They’re the perfect treat when you are looking for a quick single-serve dessert.
If you love a mug cake, and you love a keto cheesecake, then you need to print and save these 4 quick and easy keto recipes.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Keto Mug Cheesecake – 4 Ways!
Ever have a dessert craving? As I have been eating low carb for many years, my sugar cravings are fairly minimal. However, there are some days I just want to enjoy a sweet dessert, a keto mug cheesecake hits the spot!
In these mug cheesecakes, you will find all the sweet and creamy deliciousness that a traditional cheesecake has – minus the high blood sugar that usually follows!
Keto cheesecake – base recipe
I’ve made this mug cake recipe many times and developed several variations to share. The cheesecakes are all made with the same base.
Once the base is made, the addition of just a few simple ingredients allows you to transform your basic sugar-free cheesecake into a fresh strawberry, blueberry, pumpkin spice, or “Nutella” cheesecake!
The idea for these cheesecakes in a mug evolved from our popular Low-Carb Mug Cakes 4 Ways.
One of the questions I often get with mug cakes is how to make them egg-free, so we decided to make these cheesecakes egg-free when creating them.
For the base of the cheesecake, you only need a few ingredients.
- Full fat cream cheese – you cannot use the light, lite, fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese. These varieties will not set and your cheesecake will remain soft.
- Plain Greek yogurt – please read the nutrition labels for any added sugars. Buy the unsweetened, natural yogurt. Greek yogurt is higher in protein and adds a wonderful depth of flavor to the mug cake.
- Vanilla extract – some brands of vanilla extract may contain sweeteners, sugar alcohols, or other ingredients that you may not want. So always check carefully.
- Baking powder – make sure this is fresh and not expired. It’s amazing how fresh baking powder makes a huge difference to all your baking results.
- Sugar-free sweetener – you can use your favorite granulated sugar substitute or powdered sweetener. The powdered sweetener will make a smoother and creamier cheesecake. If you don’t have any powdered sugar replacement, you can put your sweetener granules into a coffee grinder and pulse until fine and powdered.
Hint: be sure to taste the batter before cooking to ensure it is sweet enough for your taste bud. Add a little more sweetener if you think it needs a bit more.
If you have been sugar-free for a while, you might even cut the sweetener if half when adding it to this keto cheesecake.
Plus make sure to have a microwave safe mug or small microwave safe ramekin dish on hand for this cheesecake recipe to cook in.
Begin by combining the base ingredients for your keto microwave cheesecake together in a coffee mug or half-pint jar until smooth.
Remember, there is no egg in these recipes, so you don’t need to worry about over mixing.
If you need to soften your cream cheese you can either bring it to room temperature before you begin or soften it in the microwave on half power for 10-15 seconds before adding the rest of the ingredients to the jar.
Strawberry mug cheesecake
The basic keto mug cheesecake recipe below has added strawberries to make a delicious single-serve egg-free strawberry cheesecake.
It’s the perfect sugar-free portion-controlled dessert the whole family will love.
Blueberry mug cheesecake
If you are making the blueberry cheesecake, you will want to add a few blueberries to the uncooked low-carb cheesecake and smash them with a fork.
The more you smash the blueberries the more color will be released into your cheesecake. The purple from the blueberries will get darker as it cooks.
Pumpkin pie spice mug cheesecake
To make the pumpkin spice cheesecake you will need to mix in some pumpkin spice seasoning and a spoonful of pumpkin puree into your uncooked keto mug cheesecake batter.
“Nutella” mug cheesecake
For the “Nutella” mug cheesecake I mixed in a spoonful of my homemade sugar-free “Nutella” spread. It is easy to quickly make in the blender right beforehand if you haven’t made it yet.
I usually keep a batch on hand because my family loves it so much and it stays good for up to a month in the refrigerator!
Now that your cheesecakes are ready to cook place them in your microwave and cook on 50% power in 1 minute increments. If your microwave is a little less powered, you may want to increase your cook time up to 90 seconds or 2 minutes.
Once you have cooked this recipe once, make a note of exactly how long these mug cakes take to cook in your microwave (which will be different from my microwave).
Check your cheesecake after the first minute to see they are done.
The cheesecake should look firm, but still jiggly when you gently give your microwave mug a little shake. If the cheesecake is runny or looks too wet let it cook for another minute in your microwave mug (or in my case, glass jar!)
Once the keto mug cheesecake is done cooking let it cool on the counter for 10 minutes before placing it in the refrigerator to cool for at least 1 hour. Your cheesecake will settle and set as it chills.
Finally, your low carb cheesecake is ready to garnish and eat.
Top your keto mug cheesecake with a spoonful of sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle with fresh sliced strawberries, a blueberry, pumpkin spice, or cocoa powder.
You can dump this onto a plate to eat, but I personally enjoy scooping this keto cheesecake right out of the jar!
- Greek yogurt – instead of Greek yogurt, you can use full fat heavy cream or even sour cream if you want a tangier taste.
- Crust – there’s no crust in these mug cakes, but you can make a gluten free, sugar free almond flour crust if desired. Sprinkle the crust on top of the cheesecake, or mix the filling in a separate ramekin and pour it over the crust before cooking the keto microwave cheesecake.
- Baking powder – the baking powder can be replaced with xanthan gum. You’d likely only need half the amount of xanthan gum as baking powder.
- Fresh Strawberry – Top your regular vanilla cheesecake with sliced fresh strawberries and sweetened whipped cream.
- Blueberry – smash a few fresh blueberries into batter for pops of color and flavor.
- Pumpkin Spice – add pumpkin puree and a blend of pupkin spice.
- “Nutella” – add a spoonful of easy to make homemade sugar-free “Nutella”.
The uneaten or leftover cheesecakes can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
You can also freeze these keto-friendly cheesecakes for up to 30 days. If you intend to freeze the cheesecakes make sure you use a freezer-safe container.
How many net carbs are per serve? Each mug cake differs depending on which flavor you make:
Strawberry cheesecake – 6.1 g net carbs, 6.7 g protein, 20.6 g fat, 241 calories
Blueberry cheesecake – 5.9 g net carbs, 6.7 g protein, 20.6 g fat, 241 calories
Pumpkin pie spice cheesecake – 7 g net carbs, 6.9 g protein, 20.9 g fat, 249 calories
Nutella cheesecake – 6.1 g net carbs, 8.3 g protein, 30.6 g fat, 335 calories
When a slice of traditional cheesecake is over 80 g net carbs per serving, having a keto microwave cheesecake recipe that you can make in a few minutes, will help you stay on track when a sweet craving strikes.
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
How to reduce the carbs – The best way to reduce the carbs further in these recipes is to cut the cheesecakes into two servings. You can share half your cheesecake or save it for the next day.
If you are not quite ready to share, you can also leave the whipped cream off the top of the cheesecake or cut back on the fresh low-carb fruit to reduce the carbs a little further.
BASE RECIPE: Keto Mug Cheesecake (Egg-Free)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 oz cream cheese full fat
- 2 tbsp natural unsweetened yoghurt plain
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
Strawberry Mug Cheesecake
- 1 strawberries fresh cut into slices
- 1 tbsp whipped cream optional for garnish
Blueberry Mug Cheesecake
- 5 blueberries fresh or frozen
Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Cheesecake
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
Nutella Keto Mug Cheesecake
- 1 tbsp homemade sugar-free nutella
- Place the cream cheese into the bottom of your mug. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cream cheese.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the toppings to the mug and mix until smooth.
- Place the cheesecake in the microwave. Cook the cheesecake in the microwave at 50% power in 1 minute increments for a maximum of 2 minutes. If cooking at normal power cook in 30 second increments for a maximum of 1 minute.
- Remove the cheesecake from the microwave and for best results, chill it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. (If you want to enjoy it warm, allow the steam to escape and wait a few minutes until it is a comfortable temperature to enjoy.)
- To make the blueberry mug cheesecake, add the blueberries into your cheesecake before cooking. See the original blueberry mug cheesecake recipe.
- To make the pumpkin pie spice cheesecake, mix the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice mix into the cheesecake before cooking. See the original pumpkin pie spice mug cheesecake recipe.
- To make the strawberry mug cheesecake, top with sugar-free sweetened whipped cream and slices of fresh strawberries after cooking. See the original strawberry mug cheesecake recipe.
- To make the "Nutella" mug cheesecake, add 1 tablespoon to the cheesecake base before baking. See the original Nutella cheesecake recipe.
- For best results, chill it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- If you want to enjoy it warm, allow the steam to escape and wait a few minutes until it is a comfortable temperature to enjoy.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!