Delicious and creamy homemade EGG FREE keto pumpkin spice cheesecake is the perfect winter dessert.
Snuggle up with healthy comfort food and enjoy all the yummy warm pumpkin spices and serve with whipped cream.
Pumpkin spice cheesecake is a favourite fall-time treat. Of course, you can make this yummy pumpkin dessert any time of year, but fall is usually when it’s easiest to find pumpkin puree in the store.
When it’s pumpkin season, there are a lot of easy low carb and keto recipes you can make. The most popular winter warmer recipes are low carb chocolate pumpkin pie, sugar free pumpkin spice latte, and even pumpkin pie fudge.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
This cute mug pumpkin spice cheesecake is a quick and easy recipe to make over the holidays because you can easily make each person their own single-serving mini cheesecake!
Plus, unlike the typical pumpkin cheesecake made with a carb-laden graham cracker crust, this dessert won’t leave people feeling exhausted by the end of the evening.
This keto mug cheesecake uses the same base ingredients as my other mug cheesecakes with the addition of pumpkin and a blend of pumpkin spice seasoning.
See the recipe card for quantities.
- cream cheese – you must use full fat cream cheese. The lite, low fat or spreadbale won’t work in this recipe.
- Greek yogurt – a wonderful unsweetened high protein yogurt that is low in carbs.
- vanilla extract – or you can also use vanilla essence or vanilla paste.
- baking powder – make sure to check the expiry dates to ensure it is fresh to use.
- granular or powdered sweetener of your choice – you may want to adjust to your liking. Some readers may add more or less than the reciep card below suggests.
- pumpkin puree – fresh or timed owrks well. Make sure if it is homemade pumpkin puree, it is not too wet.
- pumpkin spice blend (sometimes called pumpkin pie spice) – if you can’t find it in the grocery store, you can make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice.
To start, mix all your pumpkin spice cheesecake ingredients together in a microwave-safe mug or jar until the batter is smooth. Your cream cheese will need to be softened in order to mix your cheesecake.
To soften your cream cheese you can leave it on the counter at room temperature for about an hour or you can soften it in the microwave at 50% power for 15-30 seconds.
Next, cook your cheesecake in the microwave at 50% power 1 minute at a time for a maximum of 2 minutes.
You will know your cheesecake is done when it looks firm, but it is still jiggly when you gently shake it.
This egg-free cheesecake is not designed to set solid as a traditional cheesecake with eggs would. It’s a deliciously soft and creamy baked cheesecake.
Once your cheesecake is done cooking let it cool on the counter at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then, place it in the refrigerator to cool completely for at least 1 hour.
When you are ready to serve the pumpkin spice cheesecake, top with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle with a pinch of pumpkin spice.
Hint: gently take your mug/jar on the counter several times before cooking to level your cheesecake and release any large air bubbles that may be trapped.
Each person has different dietary restrictions they may need to follow. Below are a few substitutions you can make to meet your needs.
- Greek yogurt – instead of Greek yogurt, you can use heavy cream, coconut cream, or sour cream for a tangier taste.
- Baking powder – use xanthan gum instead of baking powder if needed. You would only need 1/4 tsp xanthan gum. Xanathan gum must be mixed in extremely well beofre baking. It has a tendancy to form clumps otherwise.
- Vegan – the cream cheese can be replaced with a plant based vegan “cream cheese” substitute. The yogurt can be replaced with coconut cream.
Keep in mind that if you make any substitutions you may need to recalculate the nutritional facts for this recipe. The nutritional facts listed in the recipe below are only for the ingredients listed in the recipe.
Since each pumpkin spice cheesecake is an individual mug size why not have some fun making a few variations?
You can set out extra toppings for each person to add to their keto pumpkin spice cheesecake, or pre-make several varieties to share.
- Top with sugar-free caramel sauce – use the caramel sauce in my keto caramel slice recipe to drizzle over the top.
- Chocolate – add sugar-free chocolate chips or cocoa powder to make a chocolate pumpkin spice mug cake.
- Add a crust – create an almond flour crust for your cheesecake. Either sprinkle the crust on top, or press the crust into the bottom of your mug and pour the mixed batter over it. This is a much healthier (and yummier) alternative to the typical graham cracker crust.
See these 16 Best Keto Cheesecakes on my website for more inspiration!
Your pumpkin cheesecake will need to be cooked in a microwave-safe mug or jar that is tall enough that it will not overflow while cooking.
I used a half-pint jar because it’s easier to see what each pumpkin spice cheesecake looks like when cooked. I also like that I can screw the lid on the jar to store the cheesecakes.
The cheesecakes were also cooked in a microwave at 50% power. Each microwave is different so if you are having a hard time finding 50% power on your microwave here are some options.
- Use the softening function on your microwave if you have it to cook your cheesecakes.
- If you cannot change the power on your microwave cook in 30 second increments instead of 1 minute increments.
- Bake your cheesecakes in the oven instead. Cook at 175C/350F for 15-17 minutes. Be sure to use an oven safe container.
The uneaten or leftover cheesecakes can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. You can also freeze these cheesecakes for up to 30 days. This means this pumpkin spice cheesecake is a great make ahead option!
If you intend to freeze the cheesecakes make sure you use a freezer-safe jar. Or, remove the cooked cheesecakes from the mug and store them in a freezer-safe container. Frozen cheesecakes can be defrosted on the counter for 1-2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
Opt for a good quality cream cheese when making this pumpkin spice cheesecake. A good quality cream cheese will make a big difference in texture and flavor.
Always make sure your cream cheese is softened before mixing your ingredients together. If you find your cream cheese is not soft enough and you’ve already mixed your ingredient together let it sit on the counter for another 5-10 minutes, then mix again.
Since there are no eggs in this cheesecake you can’t over mix this cheesecake filling.
Pumpkin spice is simply a blend of different spices. While the amount of each spice and the exact ingredients may vary depending on the manufacturer, pumpkin spice typically has cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves.
If you ever get confused reading these two labels, you are not alone! Simply put, they are the same thing. Some spice manufacturers refer to it as “pumpkin spice” while others opt for “pumpkin pie spice”.
If you can’t find pumpkin spice or are in the mood for something a bit more simple, a dash of cinnamon can do the trick! I also have a recipe to make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice.
If you can’t find pumpkin puree, you can make this same recipe with pureed butternut squash or sweet potato. While it may no longer be a pumpkin cheesecake, those two alternatives will give you that fall feel.
The low-fat cream cheese will not cook as the traditional cream cheese does. It is also usually higher in carbs than regular full-fat cream cheese.
Yes, if you would like to add an egg to make a more solid setting cheesecake you can. Make sure the cheesecake is cooked in the center before eating.
More keto mug cheesecake recipes
Now you have mastered making a single-serve egg-free and sugar-free mug cheesecake, you’re going to love these additional flavours.
- “Nutella” keto mug cheesecake (egg-free sugar-free)
- Blueberry 1-minute egg-free mug cheesecake (egg-free sugar-free)
- Keto strawberry cheesecake in a mug (egg-free sugar-free)
- 1-minute mug cheesecakes – 4 ways (egg-free sugar-free)
Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Cheesecake Recipe
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 tbsp whipped cream optional for garnish
- Place the cream cheese into the bottom of your mug. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cream cheese.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the toppings to the mug and mix until smooth.
- Place the cheesecake in the microwave. Cook the cheesecake in the microwave at 50% power in 1-minute increments for a maximum of 2 minutes. If cooking at normal power cook in 30-second increments for a maximum of 1 minute.
- Remove the cheesecake from the microwave and chill it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Top with sugar-free sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice for garnish. Enjoy!
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!