If you’re stuck at home, you’ve run out of flour, no problem. The Easy Flourless Yeast Free Low-Carb Bread Recipe is for you.
At only 1.9g net carbs per slice, the Easy Flourless Yeast Free Low-Carb Bread Recipe is the healthy lockdown loaf you can make from your half-empty pantry.
See why it’s taken the internet by storm!
Easy Flourless Bread
If you’re stuck at home and you’ve run out of flour, no problem. The easy flourless low-carb bread recipe is for you!
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Adapted from my favourite and most popular Low-Carb Almond Flour Bread recipe here on Ditch The Carbs, this flourless loaf simply swaps out the coconut oil for butter instead which makes for an easy healthy pantry bread during this period of being stuck at home.
Now there’s no need to compromise on taste or texture merely because you don’t have any flour or yeast in the pantry. This natural grain-free, gluten and sugar-free bread is a healthy homemade bread with minimal ingredients at only 1.9g net carbs per slice.
The Easiest Yeast Free Bread
If you’ve never baked without flour before, whether that is wheat flour or your other usual flour, OR you’ve never used a low-carb substitute like almond flour, you may wonder how this flourless bread recipe will produce a familiar sturdy yet light loaf.
Binders for Yeast Free Flourless Bread
Just like almond flour, this Flourless Low-Carb Bread recipe is gluten-free. To ensure that my bread gets sufficient structure, volume and fibre without the help of gluten, I turn to the following trusted ingredients:
- Psyllium husks – These allow for the binding of moisture in baking mixtures that are gluten-free. They are also a great source of soluble fibre and help to add structure in gluten-free baking which gluten ordinarily provides.
- Eggs – This source of protein is used in both gluten-based and wheat-free baking alike and aids in rising and binding baked goods. Egg yolks, in particular, are very effective binding aids.
Adding these two main binders to your ingredients will make your flourless low-carb bread sturdy and lite. In fact, your family may not even notice that you are serving them flourless bread!
Apart from psyllium and eggs, there are many other binders you can explore for gluten-free baking which include Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Chia Seeds, and Flax Seeds.
My Low-Carb 3 Seed Bread Recipe is a good example of adding chia seeds, eggs and psyllium as binding agents and provides excellent dietary fibre.
The Famous 2-Step Method
Keeping things simple often ensures that people follow and maintain a healthy way of eating. With our busy schedules, especially if you have children at home during a lockdown, a few ingredients and a concise set of directions are ideal.
As this is a mere adaption of my famous Low-Carb Almond Bread Recipe, this flourless low-carb bread recipe also follows the same simple 2-step method:
- Add the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients
Looking for some great serving suggestions for this delicious flourless low-carb bread? Here are some of my top pickings for you to enjoy with your freshly baked lockdown loaf:
- Sliced with the Big Breakfast
- Squares toasted twice, then floated in slow cooker bacon and pumpkin soup
- Sliced fresh with 2-minute scrambled eggs
- Toasted with my sugar-free Nutella
- Served with my sugar-free chia jam
Print your own copy of the Easy Flourless Low-Carb Bread Recipe – the healthy lockdown loaf you can make from your half-empty pantry that’s taken the internet by storm!
Flourless (Yeast Free) Low-Carb Bread Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Loaf pan
- 200 g almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 20 g psyllium husk
- 4 eggs – medium
- 55 g butter melted
- 125 ml warm water
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, melted butter and warm water. Mix until combined.
- Pour the flourless bread batter into a lined loaf tin or a silicon loaf tin. B
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes, or until golden on the outside and cooked thoroughly inside. It appears some ovens require a longer cooking time, so please be guided by your oven.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!