If mornings tend to be a little hectic in your house, this keto chia seed pudding may be the perfect solution! It’s incredibly simple to make and because you prep it the night before, it’s an ideal grab-and-go breakfast. It’s delicious enough that we even like it for dessert!
Not only is this keto chia seed pudding totally satisfying, but it also packs in plenty of nutrition too. This healthy breakfast recipe is sure to be a weekly staple that the whole family will enjoy.
Chia Seed Benefits
Chia seeds are an incredible nutritional powerhouse, making them a great choice for anyone!
They’re loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fiber, both of which help to keep you full longer while preventing blood sugar spikes.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Plus, they contain protein as well as minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc.
Chia seeds are also fairly inexpensive, making them a great addition to your weekly meal prep.
Here’s what you’ll need to have on hand to whip up this tasty pudding.
- heavy whipping cream—this is different than heavy cream, so make sure to read the labels carefully
- unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk—make sure to check the ingredients and watch out for any unnecessary added flavors or ingredients
- sweetener—we use and recommend Lakanto or Swerve sweetener
- vanilla extract
- chia seeds—you can easily find these online, but if you are looking at your local grocery store, there’s a few different places to check. Try the baking section, in the grain aisle or even by the vitamins.
STEP 1: Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well with a wire whisk.
STEP 2: Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then mix again.
STEP 3: If desired, transfer the mixture to four individual jars or containers; otherwise keep in a single bowl.
STEP 4: Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mixture will thicken into a pudding.
STEP 5: Eat plain, or serve with fresh berries, if desired.
While this pudding is absolutely delicious on its own, it can be fun to change it up from time to time. Here are a few easy add-ins to try:
- berries—strawberries or blueberries work great and are fairly low in sugar and carbs
- coconut flakes—just make sure they are unsweetened
- chopped nuts—almonds, pecans, and walnuts all work great
- unsweetened cocoa powder—for a fun twist, make this pudding chocolate flavored
- nut butter—any unsweetened nut butter works well, but we are partial to almond butter
FAQs About Keto Chia Seed Pudding
We’ve gotten a lot of questions about this keto chia seed pudding, so let’s talk through a few of the most common ones.
What’s the best way to make this ahead of time?
This low-carb chia seed pudding will last up to 5 days in the fridge, so it’s perfect for meal prep!
We find it keeps best when portioned out into individual jars with an airtight lid. You can make it ahead in a large batch (feel free to double or triple the recipe), spoon into jars, then grab it and go as needed.
Can I use any milk other than almond or coconut milk?
You can—any unsweetened nut milk will work (like cashew milk), but be aware that it may change the flavor.
Why isn’t my chia seed pudding thickening?
If you’re having trouble getting it to thicken, add a bit more chia seeds, then allow them time to set. This should do the trick!
What does chia seed pudding taste like?
It has a slightly nutty flavor that’s enhanced by the vanilla and sweetener. It’s creamy and satisfying, but not overly sweet or heavy.
It’s delicious! Give it a try and see.
More Easy Snack Ideas
EASY LOW-CARB CHIA SEED PUDDINGPrint Pin Rate
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. Lakanto or Swerve sweetener
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then mix again.
- If desired, transfer mixture to four individual jars or containers; otherwise keep in single bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mixture will thicken into a pudding.
- Eat plain, or serve with fresh berries, if desired.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!