“Well smother me in garlic butter and call me a pork chop! This is hands down the best pork chop recipe I have EVER made.”
Served with the perfect sauce for pork chops, keto butter garlic sauce.
I think you’ll agree it’s an easy way to cook your main dish, side dish, and sauce all in one pan!
Ready to lose weight and get healthy for life without dieting, drugs or making yourself miserable?
Our free on demand video training will help you understand why it’s been so hard and what do to about it.
Keto pork chops in a butter garlic sauce
Pork chops are a tasty meal that can quickly be thrown together to make a whole meal. For this recipe, I am using bone-in pork chops, but you can also use boneless cuts to make this easy family dinner recipe.
If you want to make this meal, but do not have pork or simply do not like pork you can also make this recipe using chicken breasts or thighs.
You may have to simmer your sauce a little longer to thicken since the chicken will release more juice, but your meal will still turn out delicious.
Seasoning your pork chops before cooking them is key to making a tasty pork chop. You will want to generously season your meat, but don’t go too heavy on the salt since bone-in pork naturally has a saltier flavor.
Keep your seasoning simple when making pork chops. I will usually add basic seasonings like salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder to my meat. Be sure to cover both sides of your meat with your seasoning.
Now that your meat is seasoned it’s time to start cooking.
Place a large skillet on the stove on high heat. When the pan is hot melt your butter and add minced garlic to the pan. Saute the garlic for a few seconds, just long enough to make it fragrant, then arrange the pork chops in your skillet.
Sear your pork chops for a few minutes on both sides. Since you are cooking the meat in hot butter the outside of your pork chops will become crispy and golden.
Butter garlic sauce
What is the best sauce for pork chops? Quick and easy butter garlic sauce of course. The best part, the sauce cooks with your pork chops in one pot.
Once your pork chops are crispy and golden it is time to make your garlic butter sauce. Add your broth, lemon juice, and cream to your pan. Move your pork chops around to mix the ingredients in.
Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium. If you want to add a vegetable to the pan now is the time. I like to add chopped asparagus to the pan as a delicious low-carb side.
Let your sauce and pork chops simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes or until your sauce thickens. If your pork chops finish cooking before the sauce thickens, remove the pork chops and set them aside until your sauce has finished thickening.
How to serve pork chops
When your sauce is done serve the porks with the vegetable on the side and drizzle a spoonful or two of the sauce over your meat and vegetables.
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator to be eaten for lunch the next day. This meal is also perfect for meal prepping lunches for the week. Enjoy!
More keto pork recipes
Best keto side dishes to serve with pork
Almost any side dish will taste delicious with pork. Pork is generally complemented best with a slightly sweet side dish or one with bold flavors.
Here are some of my favorite keto pork side dishes.
- Cheesy keto garlic bread
- Easy mashed cauliflower
- Creamed Brussels sprouts
- Keto stuffing
- Bacon broccoli and cauliflower salad
- Low-carb keto almond flour bread
- Baked cheesy broccoli and cauliflower
Keto Pork Chops in Butter Garlic Sauce
- Frying Pan
- 4 pork chops
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
Butter Garlic Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 125 ml chicken stock or broth can sub vegetable or other broth
- 125 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice optional
- 450 g asaparagus chopped optional can sub other veggies (optional)
- Season your pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder.
- Melt your butter in a skillet on high heat. When the butter is melted and your pan is hot add your minced garlic and quickly saute a few seconds until your garlic is fragrant. Add your pork chops and sear your pork chops for a few minutes on both sides.
- Next pour your broth, lemon juice, and cream over your pork chops. Move the pork chops around a bit to mix in the ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce your heat to medium heat.
- Add the asparagus to your pan. Let your meal simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. If your pork chops cook fully before your sauce thickens remove them and set them to the side while your sauce finishes. Serve and enjoy!
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!