Sweet delicious keto chocolate ganache cheesecake is the perfect keto cheesecake recipe the whole family will love.
This keto baked New York cheesecake has an almond flour crust, a vanilla cream cheese filling, and is covered in dark rich chocolate topping.
It’s the perfect vanilla chocolate cheesecake for under 9g net carbs.
If you love cheesecake but are on a low-carb diet or keto diet, this is the best cheesecake without any graham crackers or Oreo cookies. You don’t even need a water bath or rolling pin!
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
If you love delicious keto desserts these are the 34 best keto desserts made with cream cheese (you have to try).
Made with a base of cream cheese, this New-York style low-carb baked cheesecake has an easy keto chocolate ganache.
Baking 101 (tips & charts)
Is chocolate ganache keto?
No, traditional chocolate ganache is definitely not keto-friendly. It is usually made with lots of added sugar and carbs. In fact, a cup of ganache has 45 grams of carbs and 595 calories!
Thankfully, you don’t need to worry about exceeding your carb intake with this recipe. A slice of this yummy dessert is just 8.7 grams net carbs!
How to reduce the carbs from a baked cheesecake
The majority of the carbs do come from the chocolate ganache (but so worth it!). To reduce the carbs, you can use less ganache (this recipe makes a LOT) and/or use higher cacao chocolate.
My calculations were using 90% cacao chocolate. The low-carb baked cheesecake can easily be cut into smaller pieces or even baked in a square dish and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Ingredients to make a keto cheesecake recipe
- granulated sweetener – the most popular granulated sugar replacers are erythritol, mink fruit, allulose, or xylitol.
- butter – you can use unsalted butter but just add a pinch of salt
- vanilla essence – or vanilla extract
- eggs – medium fresh eggs are best
- almond flour – or almond meal will both work in your low-carb “graham cracker crust”
- coconut flour
- ground cinnamon
- cream cheese – use full-fat cream cheese, not spreadable or low fat
- heavy whipping cream – heavy whipping cream, double cream, heavy cream, double cream.
- 90% dark chocolate – I prefer to use Lindt 90% dark chocolate. Alternatively you could use semi sweet chocolate chips.
How to make keto cheesecake with chocolate ganache
Making keto cheesecake with chocolate ganache topping is easier than you might think. You don’t even need a springform pan (but it sure will help!).
STEP 1: Preapre your baking dish.
Brush melted butter to the bottom and sides of a pie dish, 9-inch springform pan, or your favorite baking pan. Then, line the bottom of the pan with baking parchment paper.
STEP 2: Make the cheesecake crust.
Now you are ready to make the crust. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the granulated sugar substitute with softened unsalted butter and vanilla extract until it is smooth. Then, add the egg, almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and cinnamon and mix until it is the consistency of smooth peanut butter (or very wet sand).
Smooth the crust mixture into the oiled and lined pie dish. Make tiny holes all over the base with a fork. Thsi helps the cheesecake crust bake evenly.
Bake the crust until it starts to turn golden brown.
STEP 3: Make the keto New York cheesecake filling.
In a large bowl (or a food processor), add the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, sweetener, and cinnamon to a bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to cream until it is smooth and all the lumps are gone.
STEP 4: Bake then chill.
Pour the batter onto your baked crust. Bake for another 20 minutes.
Refrigerate overnight before adding the ganache on top.
STEP 5: Make the sugar-free chocolate ganache.
Add the heavy cream to a medium saucepan with the dark chocolate. Warm together on a low heat. Keep stirring until the chocolate is fully melted all the way. Do not let it boil.
RECIPE TIP: If the ganache is too thick, add a little bit more heavy cream. If it is too runy, add some more chocolate.
When it is ready, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Pour the ganache over the cheesecake and refrigerate it until it is set.
What to serve with keto cheesecake
Slide a knife around the sides of the pan before removing. Cut your keto cheesecake with a sharp knife. If your knife isn’t very sharp, or the chocolate is sticking to your knife, dip the cake knife in hot water between each slice. Thsi will give you a perfect cheesecake slice every time.
Cheesecake serving suggestions:
- Whipped heavy whipping cream piped around the edges
- Fresh berries
- Berry sauce (sugar-free berry jam)
- Pourable chocolate sauce
- Keto sugar-free maple syrup
- Sugar-free chocolate spread (keto “Nutella”)
This may be the most adaptable keto cheesecake you will find. There are a lot of different ways to make this dessert cuisine! Here are just a few suggestions:
- Make it extra chocolatey – make a chocolate cheesecake filling by mixing in some unsweetened cocoa powder to the cheesecake batter. Just be prepared because a chocolate cheesecake with dark chocolate ganache on top will be very rich.
- Add a topping – strawberries or lemon zest on top of this cheesecake sound delightful!
- Change up the base – how about adding cocoa, ground ginger, or coconut to the base?
- Make it fancy – dust with powdered sugar substitute and sprinkle with semi sweet chocolate chips. This will make this classic dessert look extra fancy.
Here are some tips that will help you make the best keto cheesecake, New York style.
First, use full-fat cream cheese. Spreadable or low-fat cream cheese will not have the same rich flavor and often has additives including sugar.
You should also make sure and use softened cream cheese in the cheesecake batter.
Let the cheesecake cool completely before you slice into it. The prepared crust does not have to cool down before you add the cheesecake filling.
Use a stand mixer. It will make the entire process so much easier.
Do not allow the cheesecake to stay at room temperature for very long. You should keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you don’t have a container, you can cover it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
Chilled cheesecake will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to three days. Always allow it to cool completely before storing.
New York baked cheesecake cna be frozen for up to 2 months. To defrost, place 1 slice on the kitchen bench at room temperature for about an hour.
Here are some questions people often ask about this sugar-free chocolate cheesecake recipe. If you don’t see your question in this list, please leave it in the comments.
A springform pan is a cheesecake pan that you can remove the sides of. This makes the cooled cheesecake easier to slice. You do not have to use a springform pan. Just make sure you add parchment paper to a prepared pan so you can lift it out without the cheesecake sticking.
An Oreo cookie crust would taste delicious with the rich chocolate ganache. To make a keto Oreo cookie crust, just add some unsweetened cocoa powder to my crust recipe.
No, graham crackers are not keto-friendly. That is why I used a combination of almond flour and coconut flour instead.
To avoid making this cheesecake recipe lumpy, I suggest using a stand mixer. It will make sure all the ingredients are completely mixed, without any lumps.
I used heavy whipping cream and 90% dark chocolate to make the ganache chocolate mixture. If you don’t want it to taste that rich, you could use semi-sweet chocolate chips with the heavy cream.
Yes because the cheesecake filling has eggs that need baking.
It is a bked New York vanilla cheesecake that has a layer of melted ganache on top. It is served chilled, not warm.
Yes, but make sure it is sugar-free chocolate and it is not too hot otherwise it may affect the cheesecake filling.
More keto creamy cheesecake recipes
If you want an egg-free recipe and a homemade cheesecake that is no-bake, then you might want to try these simple recipes.
- No-bake lime cheesecake (cheat’s version)
- No-bake sugar-free mint cheesecake (with chocolate drizzle)
- No-bake ginger and lime cheesecake (no-bake)
- Sugar-free lemon cheesecake (no-bake)
- No-bake keto blueberry cheesecake (with chocolate drizzle)
Keto Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake recipe
- Stick Blender
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 110 g butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 eggs – medium
- 100 g almond meal/flour
- 50 g coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 400 g cream cheese not spreadable or low fat
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs – medium
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream
- 300 g 90% dark chocolate
Keto Cheesecake Base
- Prepare a large pie/flan/quiche dish by rubbing butter on the bottom and sides, then lining the base with baking paper.
- Mix the sweetener, softened butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg, almonds, coconut flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until it is the consistency of smooth peanut butter.
- Smooth the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 180C / 350 F for 10 minutes until it's just starting to go golden.
Keto Vanilla Cheesecake Filling
- While the base is cooking, place the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sweetener, and cinnamon into a bowl and blend until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour onto the baked base, then return to the oven and bake at 180C/350F for another 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Ganache
- Place the cream into a saucepan and gently heat until hot but NOT boiling.
- Add the chocolate (broken into pieces) and mix. The warm cream will be hot enough to melt the chocolate. Continue to stir until thick and glossy.
- Pour over the cold cheesecake and refrigerate until the chocolate ganache is set.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!