If you want a quick and easy sugar-free dessert, nothing is as fast as a simple low-carb sundae.
A simple low carb sundae with layered raspberries, blackberries, chocolate cream and whipped cream. It’s a much better option than a McDonald’s strawberry (?) sundae which has 65g carbs and a whopping 54g sugar!
Are McDonald’s sundaes low-carb?
Imagine eating almost 11 sachets of sugar! When you can really visualise how much sugar, fast food desserts contain, it is staggering and puts you off them for life. Luckily, you can make this easy whipped cream recipe instead.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
McDonald’s strawberry shortcake sundae contains 54g of sugar. That’s 11 teaspoons of sugar!
The sundae also contains corn syrup, bleached white flour, soybean oil, palm oil, corn starch …. hmm, no thanks.
You only need 6 simple ingredients and only 5 minutes to make this healthy dessert.
- Whipped cream – silky and smooth, not over whipped
- Sweetener of choice
- Berries (I like raspberries and blueberries)
- Cocoa powder (to make the chocolate topping)
- Coconut chips (for decoration and crunch) – optional
Quick Sugar-Free Sundae Recipe
- 500 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 100 g raspberries
- 100 g blackberries
- coconut chips unsweetened
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
- Whip the cream and sweetener together until quite firm, but do not over whip the cream, or it may split.
- Choose wine glasses or tumblers and start to layer the whipped cream alternately with the raspberries, blackberries and shredded coconut.
- Continue to create pretty layers. Reserve some whipped cream and stir through some cocoa powder.
- Top the simple low carb sundae off with more berries and the chocolate whipped cream as shown in the video.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!