At only 3.6g net carbs, this is the fantastic No-Bake Sugar-Free Mint Cheesecake that will curb your sweet cravings AND stay on track.
It’s the perfect make-ahead summer sugar-free dessert.
When it’s summer or the holidays and you want to host a BBQ, a fun pool party or dinner party, cheesecakes are the perfect sweet dessert to share with others.
When you’re invited to a gathering, I always recommend you offer to bring a dessert so you can control the largest area of sugar in your meal.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
This no-bake sugar-free mint cheesecake is the perfect solution. Everyone in the family will enjoy this traditional cheesecake recipe but with a healthy twist.
Carbs in cheesecakes
A slice of traditional peppermint bark cheesecake can be up to 123g of total carbohydrates. 123g!!!!
But by making a low-carb recipe and using low-carb ingredients my recipe below only has 3.6g net carbs per slice.
The simple ingredients and sugar replacement will make sure this cheesecake can fit into your low-carb or keto lifestyle. This sugar-free dessert has no wheat, no added sugars, gluten-free and egg-free too.
Why Are No-Bake Cheesecakes So Good?
1: No more hot ovens. When it’s summer and the weather is hot outside, no one wants their oven cranked up to bake a cheesecake. So having a few handy no-bake cheesecake recipes allows you to share a dessert with family and friends AND stay on track.
2: Choose your preferred sweetener. Many sugar-free cheesecakes make use of the pre-boxed jello/jelly with natural sweeteners. But by making a no-bake cheesecake from scratch using gelatin, you can choose your favourite sweetener that is keto-approved. Many regular well-known brands of sugar-free jello/jelly contain sweeteners that are questionable and still raise blood sugars (maltitol is one for example).
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your batter BEFORE cooking to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds. Read the Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Sweeteners.
This no-bake cheesecake recipe, it has the addition of peppermint essence and green coloring in the cheesecake filling. There is cocoa added to the base and a drizzling of sugar-free chocolate or 90% cacao Lindt chocolate on top of the cheesecake filling.
- Almond flour, ground almonds – or almond meal. Each will work equally well to make the cheesecake crust.
- Melted butter – I like to use salted butter. the salt enhances the chocolate flavors.
- Cocoa powder – make sure you buy the unsweetened cocoa powder, not the sweetened drinking cocoa.
- Sweetener – use your preferred granulated sweetener.
- Gelatin – the easiest gelatin to use is the granules. They are easy to measure and easy to dissolve.
- Water – the boiling water makes sure the gelatin dissolves quickly and completely. The addition of the cold water speeds up the setting time of the cheesecake filling.
- Cream cheese – you must use the full-fat cream cheese. if you use the lite or spreadable cream cheese, the cheesecake will not set properly and be too soft.
- Peppermint essence – this is what gives the dessert the yummy mint flavor. Add as much as you want to your tastebuds. I like mine quite minty while others like a mild or bold peppermint taste.
- Green food coloring – optional but does give a beautiful vibrant green color.
You can choose to serve this cheesecake in individual slices from one large dish or as individual servings from ramekin dishes. The addition of whipped cream is always a nice touch but completely optional.
Come to think of it, this mint cheesecake would also make a great low-carb dessert to celebrate St Patrick’s day! It’s great to know that celebrations can still be enjoyed with healthy food that looks and tastes amazing.
With many of my previous no-bake cheesecakes, I often use boxed sugar-free jelly/jello as a convenient way to easily substitute for refined sugar or need to add gelatine and flavouring. This is a wonderful quick and easy way to make cheesecakes for beginners.
However, as I refine and improve my recipes, I have moved away from the boxed jelly/jello. I now prefer to take a few extra minutes by sourcing gelatine, sweeteners I know I can trust, and flavouring I love.
This is my preference which I don’t expect everyone to follow, especially if you are a beginner with cheesecake recipes or want the added convenience of using boxed jello/jelly.
For that reason, I’ve included this option as notes in my recipe below. As I said, I don’t mind the extra few minutes required for ditching the boxed jelly/jello to make this No-Bake Sugar-Free Mint Cheesecake with gelatine and sweeteners of my choice.
More no-bake cheesecake recipes
If you are a cheesecake lover like I am, and have been following my various low-carb recipes then you may have come across my very popular Sugar-Free No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake recipe. If you haven’t, it’s worth having a look…trust me!
Since then, I’ve added to my list of deliciously simple-to-make and guilt-free cheesecakes so that you don’t have to scour the internet but have peace of mind, knowing that these treats will fit into your low-carb and keto lifestyle so you don’t have to compromise your healthy-living goals.
You can find a full list with links of my popular cheesecake recipes at the end of this post but for now, let me gladly introduce you to this decadent No-Bake Sugar-Free Mint Cheesecake. A must for all those who love that mint-chocolate combination!
No-Bake Sugar-Free Mint Cheesecake Recipe
- Stick Blender
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
Chocolate Cheesecake Base
- 2 tsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 150 g almond meal/flour
- 55 g butter melted
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
Mint Cheesecake Filling
- 12 g powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 200 ml boiling water
- 200 ml cold water
- 500 g cream cheese full fat (not the ‘spreadable’ variety)
- 1 tbsp peppermint essence
- ¼ tsp green colouring optional
Chocolate Cheesecake Base
- Mix all the ingredients and press into a greased and lined pie/flan dish.
- Pop into the fridge while you're making the cheesecake filling.
Mint Cheesecake Filling
- Pour the boiling water into a large jug and whisk in the gelatine powder. Whisk until all dissolved.
- Add the remaining cold water.
- Add the cream cheese, peppermint essence, coloruing (optional) and sweetener.
- Using a stick blender with the blade attachment, blend on a slow speed until smooth and lump free.
- Pour onto the prepared base.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Drizzle with dark or sugar-free chocolate (optional).
Looking for more easy low-carb cheesecakes? Give these a try:
More recipes you may like:
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!