A no-bake lime cheesecake is a perfect solution for a summer dessert. You can even make these without the base to make them even quicker and lower in carbs. Now, what’s not to love about that?
And at only 4.4g net carbs, this will please the lovers of high sugar cheesecakes too. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare!
What is a no-bake cheat’s cheesecake?
A cheat’s cheesecake (sugar-free version) is for those who are absolute beginners at living sugar-free and those who don’t want to go to the trouble of making a traditional cheesecake with sugar (or no sugar sweeteners) and gelatin. You simply “cheat” the recipe and use a boxed jelly/jello instead.
This is a great recipe to keep on hand for the summer months when you don’t want the oven on but still want a lime cheesecake for dessert. The simple cheat’s recipe for no-bake lime cheesecake is incredibly quick and easy, with the added bonus of being low carb, wheat-free, and no added sugar.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
How to serve cheesecakes
This easy homemade recipe can be made as one large cheesecake, or in individual teacups which set even faster.
You can even serve this cheesecake with or without the almond flour crust. By omitting the crust, it makes the cheesecake method even faster and with fewer carbs.
Which sweetener should you use?
This is the “cheat’s” version so you use the boxed jelly/jello. The sweetener they use will vary from brand to brand so be careful to read the nutrition label.
If you don’t like the sweeteners used in store-bought sugar-free jelly/jello, take a look at the lemon cheesecake because I use gelatine and erythritol which I prefer. Or you can use your own sweetener of choice if you use the gelatin method, rather than this jelly/jello boxed method.
My most popular no-bake low carb cheesecake however, is my lemon cheesecake.
How to prepare the cake tin
I prefer to use a loose bottom cake tin. I grease the bottom and sides with butter then line with baking parchment. Mix all the cheesecake crust ingredients together in a small bowl, then press with your fingers or the back of a small measuring cup.
Press the almond flour crust onto the base of the tin then refrigerate for 1-2 hours. You can pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust before the 2 hours have finished.
How many limes do you need?
I like the lime flavour that comes with the lime jelly/jello, but I also like a kick of lime zest and lime juice. I like to add the juice and zest from 1 lime.
I also like to sprinkle lime zest over the top of the cheesecake once it has set and add slices of lime too. You might prefer whipped cream piped across the edge of the cheesecake.
How long does it take for the cheesecake to set?
The cheesecake take minimum of 2 hours to set in the fridge. The setting time will depend on which brand of jelly/jello you purchased, the temperature of your fridge and how efficiently your fridge cools.
Keto Lime Cheesecake Recipe (No Bake)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Stick Blender
- Food processor
- ½ stick butter melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 1 ½ cup almond meal/flour
- 2 sugar-free box/sachet of jelly lime, see notes
- 1 lb cream cheese full fat, not spreadable
- 1 lime zest and juice
- Lime zest
- Whipped cream
- Melt the butter and mix in the sweetener.
- Add the almond flour/meal, mix, then press into a greased, lined, loose bottom flan dish. Refrigerate whilst making the topping.
- Dissolve both the jelly/jello box/sachets together in 500ml / 2 cups of boiling water.
- Slowly add the hot jelly/jello into the cream cheese, add the lime zest and juice.
- Using a stick blender with the blade attachment (or a food processor), blend the cream cheese and jelly/jello together until smooth. It should be as thick as whipped heavy cream.
- Pour onto the prepared base, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When the cheesecake is ready to serve (minimum of two hours in the fridge) decorate with whipped cream and lime zest.
- Do not use spreadable cream cheese, it will not set.
- Sugar-Free jelly/jello sachets – choose sachets that should make 500ml (2 cups) per sachet when prepared. I use 2 sugar-free lime jelly sachets and add only 500ml (2 cups) boiling water to the 2 sachets/boxes, which allows the jelly/jello to dissolve but remain concentrated enough to set the cream cheese.
More sugar free cheesecakes you may like to try:
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!