Low carb no bake jaffa cheesecake – only 5g net carbs per slice.
It also happens to be sugar-free, grain-free, wheat-free, gluten-free cheesecake PLUS it stops your sweet cravings.
Low Carb No-Bake Jaffa Cheesecake
For those who don’t know, Jaffa, is a type of orange. Jaffa is also commonly used by many people to describe the amazing combination of chocolate and orange.
Numerous sweets, cakes and chocolates have this chocolate-orange combination.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
I was brought up on Jaffa cakes, Terry’s chocolate orange and hard little ‘Jaffa’ balls. The chocolate-orange sweets that every kiwi kid takes to the movies and rolls down the aisles. So I wanted to create that Jaffa, choc-orange flavour in a low-carb cheesecake.
My new low carb no-bake Jaffa cheesecake is quick, easy, and will bring back all those Jaffa memories.
How to prepare your no-bake cheesecake?
You can prepare the low carb and no-bake Jaffa cheesecake in the morning, and by dinner, it will be ready to serve.
You might also like to prepare low carb no bake Jaffa cheesecake into individual ramekin dishes for individual servings.
Which sweetener to use?
A note regarding sweeteners. It is difficult to find sugar-free jelly/jello that has acceptable sweeteners for long-term and regular use.
For beginners and those who are just wanting a quick and easy dessert, using the occasional box of sugar-free Jello may be acceptable.
For those of you who would like to avoid artificial sweeteners, I have also given an alternative in the recipe notes below.
I try to make my recipes as easy as I can, which is especially important to my readers who are new here and have never done any home cooking from scratch.
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your batter BEFORE cooking to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds. Read the Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Sweeteners.
Low-Carb Jaffa Cheesecake Recipe (no bake)
- Stick Blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing Bowls
Jaffa Cheesecake base
- 55 g butter melted
- 150 g almond meal/flour
- 45 g cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener, of choice or more to your taste
- 2 orange sugar free jelly 500ml/4 serve size
- 500 ml boiling water
- 500 g cream cheese fullfat, not spreadable
- 90% dark chocolate optional to decorate
Jaffa Cheesecake Base
- Mix the melted butter, almond meal/flour, cocoa and sweetener together.
- Press into a greased and lined dish. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Pour the two orange sugar free jelly boxes/sachets into a pouring jug and add 500ml of boiling water. Stir to dissolve.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add to the boiling jelly mixture. Using a stick blender with the blade attachment, puree until smooth and lump free.
- Pour the jelly and cream cheese mixture onto the prepared cheesecake base and place back into the refrigerator to set for a few hours.
- Melt some dark 90% chocolate and drizzle over the top of the jaffa cheesecake.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!