If you’re worried gravy will kick you out of ketosis or make you not Thin Adapted anymore, you haven’t made this gravy yet. With only 1.2 grams of carbs per serving, this is a high-protein, high-fat, keto gravy recipe that you’ll want to enjoy for breakfast every single day!
This wonderful keto sausage gravy recipe is savory, salty and amazingly thick and satisfying. Toast a few slices of Magic Protein Bread and serve this gravy on top. Even better, serve this gravy over cheddar biscuits for some keto biscuits and gravy!
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate it 5 stars in the recipe card. 🌟
Why You’ll Love It
- Only 1.2 grams carbs per serving
- As easy to make as classic sausage gravy
- Thick and creamy
- Easy to make ahead and store in the fridge
- High protein (14 grams of protein per serving)
Sausage Gravy Tips
This gravy is super simple and takes less than 15 minutes to make. Here are some tips that will help you make the perfect batch of gravy the first time.
Ready to lose weight and get healthy for life without dieting, drugs or making yourself miserable?
Our free on demand video training will help you understand why it’s been so hard and what do to about it.
Thicken With Xanthan Gum
One of the best things about this sausage gravy is that you’ll thicken it with xanthan gum. This is fantastic news for anyone who has a nut allergy and can’t eat almond flour.
If you don’t think the gravy is thick enough, add a pinch more xanthan gum to it. It doesn’t take much to thicken the gravy, so be careful.
Make It Ahead
Make the gravy ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days. Then, all you have to do is heat it up in the microwave, toast your bread and breakfast is ready!
Make It Spicy
Adding hot sauce and red pepper flakes are carb-free ways to make sausage gravy taste even better. Make this gravy as spicy or as mild as you like it.
In addition to some water, you’ll also be using the following ingredients to make this tasty sausage gravy. All the exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Ground Breakfast Sausage: Read the ingredients label and make sure you’re buying a flavor that doesn’t have extra sugar in it.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: If you are lactose intolerant, you can use coconut cream instead – just make sure you use full-fat cream.
- Xanthan Gum: This thickens the gravy naturally.
- Salt: Salt enhances all the other flavors.
- Pepper: Spice up the gravy with more pepper, or even add some red pepper flakes.
How To Make Low-Carb Sausage Gravy
These steps, along with the ingredients, are listed in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. (It’s also where you can rate the recipe too!). Here’s a quick overview of the recipe, along with some helpful step-by-step pictures.
Step 1. Cook the sausage in a heavy skillet over medium heat, crumbling with a spatula until the meat is fully browned; reduce heat to low.
Step 2. Stir in cream and ⅔ of the water, reserving the remaining water if needed. Add xanthan gum and continue cooking over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the gravy starts to thicken. If necessary, thin gravy with water, adding a little at a time.
Step 3. Add salt and pepper, then taste and add more if necessary. Serve over cheddar biscuits.
Store extra low-carb sausage gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
🌟 If you make this recipe and LOVE it, please leave a 5-star review below! 🌟
Low-Carb Sausage Gravy
- 1 lb. Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 c. Water
- ½ tsp. Xanthan Gum
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- Cook the sausage in a heavy skillet over medium heat, crumbling with a spatula until the meat is fully browned; reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream and ⅔ of the water, reserving the remaining water if needed. Add xanthan gum and continue cooking over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the gravy starts to thicken. If necessary, thin gravy with water, adding a little at a time.
- Add salt & pepper, then taste and add more if necessary. Serve over cheddar biscuits.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!