Enjoy keto Cheddar Bay copycats that are crumbly, cheesy and have the perfect amount of salt and garlic powder.
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate it 5 stars in the recipe card. 🌟
Why You’ll Love It
- Only 4.4 grams net carbs per biscuit
- Easy to make ahead and freeze
- Tastes like Red Lobster cheddar biscuits
- Perfect texture that falls apart in your mouth
- Lots of ways to eat and serve them
Cheddar Biscuits Questions
This is an easy recipe that anyone can make, even on busy days when you don’t have much time to bake. Here are a few tips to make each batch successful and delicious.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
What are keto biscuits made of?
Keto biscuits are made with a base of blanched almond flour and sharp cheddar cheese.
The sour cream and eggs make the biscuits perfectly moist while still having the iconic crumb texture of biscuits.
How do you make low-carb cheddar biscuits fluffy?
The secret to making the low-carb cheddar biscuits nice and fluffy is to let the batter sit for about 5 minutes at room temperature. This will give the baking powder and salt the time to have the chemical reaction that creates the air bubbles.
How do you freeze cheddar biscuits?
Freezing the biscuits is the perfect way to save them to eat later. To freeze these biscuits, bake them and let them cool to room temperature. Then, place the biscuits in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer.
After the biscuits are completely frozen, remove them from the freezer and put them into a freezer-safe food storage bag. Keep them in the freezer for up six months.
- Almond Flour: Use finely ground, blanched almond flour for the perfect texture.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese: For bolder flavor, use extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
- Baking Powder: This is what gives the biscuits the light texture.
- Salt: The salt enhances all the other flavors.
- Garlic Powder: If you want to use garlic salt, don’t add extra salt.
- Eggs: The eggs are the emulsifiers; they hold everything together.
- Sour Cream: Use full-fat sour cream to give the biscuits a well-rounded flavor.
- Butter: For the best flavor, use unsalted butter.
How To Make Cheddar Biscuits
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Whisk together almond flour, cheese, baking powder, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl.
Step 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients—eggs, sour cream and butter—until well combined.
Step 3. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, then let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
Step 4. Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Let cool before serving. Biscuits will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Store leftover biscuits in an airtight food storage container or bag at room temperature for up to three days.
🌟 If you make this recipe and LOVE it, please leave a 5-star review below! 🌟
Low-Carb Cheddar Biscuits
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- 1½ c. Finely Ground Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- ⅓ c. Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cheese, baking powder, salt and garlic powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients—eggs, sour cream and butter—until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, then let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Let cool before serving. Biscuits will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!