Lunch, snack, appetizer or dinner—these yummy keto sausage balls are perfect any time! Made with just six simple ingredients, you can easily whip up a batch of these anytime the craving strikes.
These tasty sausage balls are also ideal for your weekly meal prep. Double the recipe and freeze half to enjoy this protein-filled option anytime.
Ready to learn how to make these delectable keto sausage balls? Let’s jump right in!
You probably already have the ingredients you need to make these delicious sausage balls at home. If not, they are easy to find at practically any grocery store! Here’s what you need:
Ready to lose weight and get healthy for life without dieting, drugs or making yourself miserable?
Our free on demand video training will help you understand why it’s been so hard and what do to about it.
- sausage—we usually use mild, but if you like a kick, try this with spicy sausage. Just make sure to take a look at the label and keep an eye out for added sugars and unnecessary additives.
- almond flour—using flour rather than almond meal will give these sausage balls a smoother consistency.
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- baking powder
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Tip: We like to use a KitchenAid to mix this, but you could use a hand mixer, a food processor or your hands.
STEP 2: Use a cookie scoop to scoop out sausage mixture and place on your baking sheet.
STEP 3: Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
That’s it! Wasn’t that easy?
- Keep each sausage ball the same size. This way they will bake at the same rate.
- You can make these easy sausage balls in the air fryer. Most air fryers bake at the same rate and temperature as the oven. Check your air fryer’s user manual for specifications.
- Always cook sausage until the internal temperature is at least 160ºF.
- Keep cooked sausage balls in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to eat them.
If you aren’t serving them right away, cool the balls to room temperature, then store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Need them to keep longer? Follow the same instructions but place your container in the freezer, not the fridge. They will stay good for 3 months.
Keep the sausage balls in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to serve them.
Wondering what to pair these delicious keto sausage balls with? The options are endless, but here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice. Depending on your mood, both cauliflower fried rice and this cheesy cauliflower rice work well!
- Pair with a salad. Tired of your typical lettuce-based options? Give this yummy Caprese salad a try!
- This roasted cheesy cauliflower paired with the meatballs is perfect when you are in need of comfort food that even carb lovers in your home will enjoy.
Of course, you can also just eat these keto sausage balls on their own. They are that good! Enjoy.
EASY SAUSAGE BALLS
- KitchenAid Mixer optional
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ c. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. We like to use a KitchenAid to mix this, but you could use a hand mixer, a food processor or your hands.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out sausage mixture and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!