This is the EASIEST slow cooker low-carb lamb curry you will ever make.
Served with delicious low-carb coconut cauliflower rice, it makes for the perfect family dinner.
How To Cook Low-Carb Lamb Curry In The Slow Cooker?
Slow cooker low-carb lamb curry simply cooks all day while you are busy doing other things. So put your feet up and print the recipe below and add it to your rotation of family dinners.
Using the slow cooker or my Instant Pot are my favourite small kitchen appliance. It makes family dinner time so much easier. Especially at the end of a long day.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
If you plan ahead, you can use the slow cooker by cooking on LOW all day long. Simply throw everything together in the morning.
Can You Cook The Curry In The Instant Pot?
If you’re not organised ahead of time, or your day is running late, you can simply cook the low-carb lamb curry in the Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
- Fry/sauté the onion and herbs in the Instant Pot on the sauté function.
- Fry the lamb until each piece is browned on all sides.
- Add all other ingredients, stir.
- Lock the lid in lace, cook on CURRY mode for 15 minutes and let the steam escape naturally.
How Can You Get Children To Eat Spinach?
Slow cooker lamb curry uses a whopping 500g/1 lb of spinach. I told my children it was silverbeet/swiss chard (for some reason they love silverbeet/swiss chard, but hate spinach – go figure) and they ate it all up.
I often play “guess the hidden ingredient” with my children when they were younger, it made them intrigued about flavour, texture and taste.
They know by now I play tricks on them, they eat it and are surprised they liked it once I reveal what was actually in it.
This trick has managed to get them to eat a whole selection of foods that they once hated.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Curry?
It makes a complete meal and adds plenty of fibre, flavour and nutrition.
Lamb Curry with Spinach Recipe (Saag Gosht)
- Slow cooker
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 red onion quartered and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 6 cloves whole
- 2 tsp ground coriander/cilantro ground
- 1 tsp turmeric powder powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 500 g cubed lamb
- 500 g frozen chopped spinach
- 400 g tinned/canned chopped tomatoes chopped
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave, then squeeze handfuls to get out the excess water (don’t squeeze too hard and make it dry).
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!