A medley of crunchy nuts and shredded coconut make this low-carb granola the tastiest snack or breakfast for busy days.
This recipe is the perfect grain-free keto cereal. You can enjoy it like you would a trail mix (just eat a few handfuls) or add a bit of unsweetened almond milk on top. Either way, the healthy fats and protein will fill you up and power you through your day.
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate it 5 stars in the recipe card. 🌟
Why You’ll Love It
- Only 6.2 grams of carbs in each serving
- Ready in 30 minutes
- High in fat
- Easy to customize
- Lasts for 2 weeks
Low-Carb Granola Tips
Here are some questions people often ask about making and eating keto-friendly granola.
This is a really easy recipe to change up. If you don’t like pecans, don’t use them. It’s that easy. And remember, if you don’t use pecans, it changes the macros, so you might have to recalculate them.
Remember To Stir It
Stir the granola every ten minutes as it bakes. This will prevent it from burning.
Add Chocolate Chips
If you don’t mind a few more carbs, add a few tablespoons of sugar-free chocolate chips. If you add them, measure how many you add and recalculate the carbs.
Here’s what you’ll need from the store before you make this recipe. Read through the list of ingredients below (we will also share any swaps/substitutions you can make).
- Almonds: Thinly sliced almonds will taste the best in the granola.
- Pecans: Either buy pre-chopped pecans or chop them at home.
- Walnuts: Chopped walnuts are low in carbs, so they are a fantastic choice in the granola.
- Macadamia Nuts: Since they are higher in carbs, you’ll want to use fewer macadamia nuts.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Unsalted, raw pumpkin seeds are better.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut: Make sure it is pure shredded coconut without any added ingredients.
- Chia Seeds: These are high in fat and protein.
- Hemp Hearts: These are optional, but they’re a fantastic source of protein.
- Almond Flour: Make sure you use blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
- Egg White: Egg white is lower in cholesterol than a whole egg.
- Sweetener Blend: Use your favorite sweetener (this keto sweeteners guide will help)
- Butter: Use full fat, salted butter.
- Vanilla Extract: This adds flavor without adding carbs.
- Cinnamon: You can add more cinnamon without worrying about adding more carbs.
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup: Our favorite one is from Wholesome Yum.
How To Make Low-Carb Granola
All the exact steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, we have some photos of each step in this recipe so you can see how we made it (this is for you, visual learners). Here’s what the recipe looks like when you make it.
Step 1. In large bowl, combine almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds, hemp hearts and almond flour until well blended.
Step 2. In small bowl, whisk the egg white. Then add sweetener, melted butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and maple syrup and whisk well.
Step 3. Pour the liquid over granola mixture and stir until granola is completely coated with egg white mixture.
Step 4. Spread granola in a single layer on parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Bake at 325º for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola is a light golden brown.
Step 5. Cool completely before serving, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Store your granola in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
🌟 If you make this recipe and LOVE it, please leave a 5-star review below! 🌟
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- ½ c. Sliced Almonds
- ¾ c. Chopped Pecans
- ¾ c. Chopped Walnuts
- ½ c. Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- ⅓ c. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ c. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ¼ c. Chia Seeds
- ¼ c. Hemp Hearts
- 3 tbsp. Almond Flour
- 1 Egg White
- 1 ½ tbsp. Sweetener Blend
- 3 tbsp. Salted Butter melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Sugar-free Maple Syrup
- In large bowl, combine almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds, hemp hearts and almond flour until well blended.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg white. Then add sweetener, melted butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and maple syrup and whisk well.
- Pour the liquid over granola mixture and stir until granola is completely coated with egg white mixture.
- Spread granola in a single layer on parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Bake at 325º for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola is a light golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
PIN FOR LATER
READY TO GET HEALTHY IN 2023?
Join the New Year, New You Challenge NOW and make 2023 your healthiest year yet! The challenge officially starts January 2nd—sign up now to save your spot!