Sausage Cheddar Egg Bites
You’ll enjoy eating these sausage cheddar egg bites for breakfast, lunch, or as a post-workout snack. They only take 20 minutes to make, so whip up a large batch and eat them all week.
This recipe is completely effortless. All you do is mix the ingredients together, pour it into a muffin tin, and bake! It’s even easier to make than muffins or cupcakes; and the result is kinder on your body and blood sugar than baked treats too.
These little egg bites are packed with enough protein to stabilize your blood sugar and keep your body Thin Adapted, so it burns fat for fuel.
Easy Sausage Cheddar Egg Bites Tips
Have fun with this recipe and make changes that fit your lifestyle. If you have a mini muffin tin, make smaller egg bites. They will cook faster, so keep an eye on the time so they don’t burn.
Don’t like sausage? No problem! Make some bacon cheese egg bites instead.
These little egg bites are the perfect things to serve at brunch. Everyone will love their delicate size. Plus, they are already individually portioned, saving you tons of time. Serve these egg bites with some magic low-carb avocado toast. It’s a brunch fave!
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup precooked breakfast sausage crumbles
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12-count muffin pan or line with reusable silicone muffin liners. If you use paper liners, be sure to grease liners with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Add heavy cream, ricotta, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, and whisk well.
STEP 3: Divide the crumbled sausage among 12 muffin cups, then divide the cheese among 12 muffin cups.
STEP 4: Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese mixture in each muffin cup until ⅔ full.
STEP 5: Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is set and muffins are lightly browned.
Sausage Cheddar Egg Bites
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 12 Muffin Liners
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 cup Sausage pre-cooked breakfast sausage crumbles
- 2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12-count muffin pan or line with reusable silicone muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are well-blended. Add the heavy cream, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Divide the crumbled sausage among the 12 muffin cups. Then divide the cheese among the 12 muffin cups.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese mixture in each muffin cup, until it is 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg is set and the muffins are lightly browned.
PIN FOR LATER
Love what you see?
Check out our 28 Day Metabolism Reset program! Our easy to follow program has helped thousands of women lose weight and feel great, without feeling hungry all the time. Now is your chance to get all the tools you need to succeed (even when your life feels crazy)!
can these be made a head of time for a brunch? if so, what would you tips be for serving best product.
Yes, absolutely! They refrigerate and re-heat wonderfully.
my friend made us these and I immediately asked for the recipe. I will serve them for my Daddy’s 85 birthday celebration.