The best fluffy keto chocolate waffles recipe made with coconut flour.
These healthy waffles are naturally gluten-free, sugar-free and only 3.4g net carbs!
You can use a waffle maker or a frying pan and have a delicious healthy breakfast which is also perfect for freezing.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
If you have made my original keto waffles before, you will know just how much they taste like a regular waffle. “Libby, you are the keto goddess” you just won the “Best Keto Waffle In The Entire World”.
Is coconut flour keto?
Yes, coconut flour is a very low-carb flour, high in fiber, and naturally gluten-free.
Coconut flour is extremely versatile and can be used in both sweet and savoury recipes such as:
- Coconut flour pie crust
- Coconut flour roti
- Coconut flour chocolate chip cookies
- Coconut flour sheet pan pancakes
- Coconut flour bread
- Coconut flour shortbread
My keto chocolate waffles are an adaptation of my original vanilla keto waffles. You only need a few simple ingredients and they can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge or freezer.
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
- eggs – medium
- coconut flour – if you cannot tolerate coconut flour you can make my almond flour pancakes instead
- cocoa powder – unsweetened
- granulated sweetener – add more or less to your taste
- baking powder – do not get confused with baking soda
- vanilla extract – vanilla essence
- heavy cream – double cream
- butter – melted
Melt some butter and brush over your waffle maker, or melt butter n your frying pan or skillet. Pour 1/2 cup of waffle batter and spread out gently with the back of your measuring cup.
Cook in your waffle maker unit golden brown on both sides. If you are cooking your coconut flour waffles in a frying pan, then flip over gently using a spatula once the waffle batter has begun to bubble on the surface and the waffle is semi-cooked.
Keto chocolate waffles are incredibly low in net carbs, light and fluffy yet sturdy to take all your delicious waffle toppings.
Easy keto chocolate waffles recipe can be frozen for a quick and easy healthy breakfast or for a healthy lunchbox filler. Simply freeze each keto waffle between sheets of baking parchment paper in an airtight container.
Healthy frozen keto waffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 2 months.
To defrost, remove as many keto waffles as you need, leave them covered on the benchtop for half an hour, or toast directly in your toaster. You can also gently fry frozen keto waffles in your frying pan over medium heat for a few minutes on each side.
Keto waffles for lunch
Fluffy keto waffles are perfect in healthy sugar-free and gluten-free school lunch boxes.
So next time, why not make a double batch and keep the leftovers for school lunchboxes?
Keto waffle flavours
Vanilla keto waffles – You can easily make these chocolate keto waffles as vanilla waffles instead. Simply omit the cocoa powder.
Savoury keto pizza waffles – instead of sweet waffles, you can make these savoury cheese waffles for a quick snack, lunch or Friday night fake-out.
Other keto waffles you might like:
What to serve with keto waffles?
You can serve keto waffles hot or cold, with fresh berries or frozen berries and so many delicious healthy keto and sugar-free toppings such as:
- Sugar-free keto maple syrup
- Sugar-free low-carb “nutella”
- Whipped heavy cream
- Sugar-free chia berry jam/jelly
Keto waffle FAQ
The trick to making easy fluffy keto waffles is to whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks. Do not skip this step.
The extra dry ingredient (cocoa powder) will sometimes make these waffles a little sturdier (which I personally like). If you want them a little lighter, just add a teaspoon of water (or cream) at a time.
Cook the first waffle to see if the mixture needs diluting at all before adding any liquids.
Keto Chocolate Waffles Recipe
- Large waffle maker
- Frying pan
- 5 eggs – medium separated
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 25 g cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp full fat milk or cream
- 110 g butter melted
- Whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, cocoa, sweetener, and baking powder.
- Add the melted butter slowly, mixing to ensure it is a smooth consistency.
- Add the milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Gently fold spoons of the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture. Try to keep as much of the air and fluffiness as possible.
- Place enough of the waffle mixture into the warm waffle maker to make one waffle. Cook until golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
Other keto sweet recipes you may like:
What is your favourite long breakfast at the weekend? Bacon and eggs? Eggs Benedict? Or something else?
What would you serve these keto chocolate waffles with?
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!