Who loves crumbed seafood but doesn’t want the bread, gluten, and carbs that come along with them?
Try these low carb lemon crumbed shrimps for an easy and quick snack, or serve with vegetables or salad and turn this into a complete meal, with a homemade mayonnaise on the side.
Lemon Crumbed Shrimps (in almond flour)
Crumbed and deep-fried seafood is incredibly unhealthy. Not only are they high in carbs, grains, colours, and flavours, but more concerning are the processed and oxidised seed oils they are usually fried in.
It’s also scary just how much you can eat in one sitting if you’re not careful, so I decided to develop a recipe that has no grains, no gluten, low carb, no seed oils, and really simple and quick.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
- pre-cooked frozen shrimps (defrosted and drained)
- almond meal (almond flour)
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
COOKBOOKS – MEAL PLANS – PANTRY
Once cooked, the almond flour crumbed lemon shrimps can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The lemon crumbed shrimps cannot be frozen because they have previously been defrosted and then cooked.
Low-Carb Lemon Crumbed Shrimps Recipe
- 50 g almond meal/flour
- lemon zest
- +/- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g pre cooked frozen shrimps defrosted
- In a bowl mix the almond meal/flour with the lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the defrosted shrimps in the bowl and stir to coat each shrimp with the lemon crumbs.
- Heat some olive oil or coconut oil in a frying pan at a medium heat.
- Place the lemon crumbed shrimps in the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve as an appetiser, snack, side dish or a main meal with a wedge of lemon.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!