With an impressive 19 grams of protein in each slice, this keto French toast recipe is the best breakfast or lunch you can make!
The secret to this high-protein French toast is the Magic Protein Bread. It has the perfect texture, and after coating and frying each slice, you’ll bite into the tastiest cinnamon French toast you have ever made.
There are a lot of other ways to use Magic Protein Bread. Another popular breakfast idea is to toast it and make keto avocado toast. Top it with bacon, and you have a salty, savory, high-fat recipe that fills you up.
Why You’ll Love It
- 2.4 grams carbs in each slice
- As easy to make as traditional French toast
- High-fat recipe that keeps you feeling full until your next meal
- Versatile – there are a lot of different toppings you can use and spices you can add to change how it tastes
Keto French Toast Tips
Have fun with this keto French toast recipe! Just remember that making any ingredient swaps will change how many carbs are in each serving.
For best results, cut each slice slightly thick. This will give the bread the ability to soak up more of the eggs and cream.
Also, make sure you whisk everything together really well to prevent your French toast from tasting like scrambled eggs.
Top the French toast with some butter and some Wholesome Yum sugar-free maple syrup! You could also dust it with some Swerve confectioner sugar substitute.
- Eggs: These are the emulsifiers. They bind everything together.
- Heavy Cream: Use full-fat. If you’re lactose intolerant, coconut cream can work too (it will just change the carb amounts).
- Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract will have the most potent flavor.
- Cinnamon: Keep it simple with just cinnamon or use pumpkin pie spice.
- Magic Protein Bread: This is the base of the entire recipe. Find the bread recipe here.
How To Make Keto French Toast
Step 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Step 2. Dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture.
Step 3. Fry up the French toast. Cook it on your hot, greased skillet until it is golden brown. Flip the toast and cook until the other side is golden too.
Step 4. Serve topped with butter and/or sugar-free maple syrup.
Keep leftover low-carb French toast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
This is such an easy recipe to make that we don’t recommend freezing it. It won’t save you any time.
Keto French Toast
- 4 Eggs
- ⅔ c. Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 8 slices Magic Protein Bread
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Grease skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray. Dip bread into egg mixture, then place on hot skillet and cook until first side is golden brown. Flip toast and cook remaining side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and sugar-free syrup.
PIN FOR LATER
READY TO GET HEALTHY IN 2023?
Join the New Year, New You Challenge NOW and make 2023 your healthiest year yet! The challenge officially starts January 2nd—sign up now to save your spot!