The secret to this high-protein French toast is the Magic Protein Bread. It has the perfect texture, and after coating and frying each slice, you’ll bite into the tastiest cinnamon French toast you have ever made.
There are a lot of other ways to use Magic Protein Bread. Another popular breakfast idea is to toast it and make keto avocado toast. Top it with bacon, and you have a salty, savory, high-fat recipe that fills you up.
Why You’ll Love It
- 2.4 grams carbs in each slice
- As easy to make as traditional French toast
- High-fat recipe that keeps you feeling full until your next meal
- Versatile—there are a lot of different toppings you can use and spices you can add to change how it tastes
Keto French Toast Tips
Have fun with this keto French toast recipe! Just remember that making any ingredient swaps will change how many carbs are in each serving.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
For best results, cut each slice slightly thick. This will give the bread the ability to soak up more of the eggs and cream.
Also, make sure you whisk everything together really well to prevent your French toast from tasting like scrambled eggs.
Top the French toast with some butter and some Wholesome Yum sugar-free maple syrup! You could also dust it with some Swerve confectioner sugar substitute.
- Eggs: These are the emulsifiers. They bind everything together.
- Heavy Cream: Use full fat. If you’re lactose intolerant, coconut cream can work too (it will just change the carb amounts).
- Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract will have the most potent flavor.
- Cinnamon: Keep it simple with just cinnamon or use pumpkin pie spice.
- Magic Protein Bread: This is the base of the entire recipe. Find the bread recipe here.
How To Make Keto French Toast
Step 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Step 2. Dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture.
Step 3. Fry up the French toast. Cook it on your hot, greased skillet until it is golden brown. Flip the toast and cook until the other side is golden too.
Step 4. Serve topped with butter and/or sugar-free maple syrup.
Keep leftover low-carb French toast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
This is such an easy recipe to make that we don’t recommend freezing it. It won’t save you any time.
Keto French Toast
- 4 Eggs
- ⅔ c. Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 8 slices Magic Protein Bread
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Grease skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray. Dip bread into egg mixture, then place on hot skillet and cook until first side is golden brown. Flip toast and cook remaining side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and sugar-free syrup.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!