Lemon and coconut pork was a favourite dish my mother made for us when I was a child.
To convert the recipe to become lower carb, all I had to do was to omit the rice and throw extra vegetables into the wok.
Lemon And Coconut Pork Stir Fry (no rice)
We used to call our version of lemon and coconut pork dish – “pork and crunchy celery“. The sauce was thickened with cornflour, and it was served with rice.
Are Stir Fries Low-Carb Or Keto?
If you are just starting out with low-carb cooking, you might wonder how do we eat stir-fries when they are generally served with rice? Easy peasy. Stir-fries are brilliant at being adapted to becoming low carb.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Firstly, avoid using any sweet or sticky sauces, they will be loaded with sugars and cornflour. Secondly, avoid the rice completely and add extra vegetables such as leafy greens, spinach, bok chop, broccoli. Serve each portion in a individual serving bowl.
So now you have an easy healthy family dinner with double the vegetables and possibly one third of the carbs.Amazing easy tips to make any stir fry low carb. The perfect quick, healthy, family meal.
Is There A Keto Rice Substitute?
If you still feel you miss rice, you can try my cauliflower rice, but instead of adding coriander, add a squeeze of lemon juice or Chinese spices so it suits this dish.
Watch my secret method using my food processor. No more mess to clean up. My quick and easy cauliflower rice technique.
Low-Carb Lemon and Coconut Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- Frying pan
- oil of choice extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced crushed
- 2 tbsp ground ginger crushed
- 500 g pork chops diced
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 celery cut into 1/2cm
- 3 heads bok choy cut in half
- 2 red capsicum/bell pepper diced
- 250 ml beef stock
- 25 g desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1/2 juice lemon
- Heat the oil in a wok on it’s highest setting.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add the pork pieces and stir until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broccoli and beef stock, cook for another minute or two until the broccoli has softened.
- Add the capsicum, celery, bok choy, cook for another minute.
- Finally, add the desiccated coconut and lemon juice, Stir.
- Serve with more coconut on top.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!