This low-carb meatloaf is the perfect dinner that the entire family will enjoy (carb avoiding or not!). It’s full of bold flavors and stays super moist thanks to the addition of heavy cream.
Not only is this classic comfort food delicious, but it is also easy to put together too. With simple ingredients and a quick prep time, this keto meatloaf is sure to be a hit.
The sugar-free glaze takes it over the top and earns this dish a coveted spot on our weekly meal plan rotation!
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
This meatloaf is made with simple ingredients that can be easily found and is a great way to get your protein macros without compromising on flavor. To make it, there are two parts: the meatloaf itself and the yummy, sugar-free glaze.
- 80/20 ground beef—avoid leaner ground beef for this recipe for best results.
- yellow onion—finely chopped
- minced garlic
- pork rind crumbs—we use and recommend Pork Panko!
- sugar-free ketchup
- heavy cream
- finely chopped fresh parsley—in this recipe, fresh really does taste better. However, if you don’t have any on hand, you can use dry parsley.
- salt and pepper
Find the ingredient amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Let’s dive into how to make a low-carb meatloaf!
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9″x5”loaf pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, garlic, eggs, pork rind crumbs, ¼ cup ketchup, heavy cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Mix until well blended, but do not over mix.
STEP 4: Add meat mixture to greased pan and shape into a loaf. Avoid packing meat in too firmly; instead pat it down gently. Do NOT add glaze yet!
STEP 5: Bake at 375°F for approximately 40 minutes.
STEP 6: While the meatloaf is baking, whisk together Â¾ cup ketchup, vinegar and Swerve to make glaze.
STEP 7: Remove meatloaf from the oven and spread with glaze. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until the meatloaf is fully cooked, and the internal temperature reads 160°F.
STEP 8: Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Whether you have leftovers or are making this meal as part of your meal plan, here’s how to keep your meatloaf fresh.
To store the meatloaf, let it cool to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container. You can also wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Place the container or wrapped meatloaf in the refrigerator, and it will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
You can also store this meatloaf in the freezer too for up to 3 months. To reheat, place the meatloaf in the oven at 350°F until it’s heated through. While you may be tempted just to stick it in the microwave, be aware that the texture can become a little soggy.
There are so many ways you can enjoy this versatile dish! A few of our favorite sides include:
- roasted veggies
- cheesy cauliflower
- side salad (like our Caprese salad!)
- coconut lime cauliflower rice
However you serve it, this is one recipe you’ll want to hang onto! Enjoy.
Yummy Low-Carb Meatloaf
- 1 9×5 Loaf Pan
- 2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef avoid leaner ground beef for this recipe
- 1 c. yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. pork rind crumbs
- ¼ c. sugar-free ketchup
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ c. sugar-free ketchup
- ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Swerve brown sugar or other brown sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9"x5” loaf pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, garlic, eggs, pork rind crumbs, ¼ cup ketchup, heavy cream, parsley, salt and pepper until well blended, but do not overmix.
- Add meat mixture to greased pan and shape into a loaf. Avoid packing meat in too firmly; instead pat it down gently. Do NOT add glaze yet!
- Bake at 375ºF for approximately 40 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, whisk together ¾ cup ketchup, vinegar and Swerve to make glaze.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven and spread with glaze. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until the meatloaf is fully cooked and reads 160ºF.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cheesy cauliflower rice!
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!