This cheesy dip is bursting with so much flavor that no one will guess it’s low-carb. Make a big batch of spicy spinach artichoke dip and serve it at a party. It will disappear!
Dips are the best things to serve at parties, everyone loves them. Crank up the spice with some hot crab dip or buffalo chicken dip. Serve all your dips with some homemade cheese crackers. Eating low-carb sure is delicious!
Why You’ll Love It
- Makes 12 servings—enough for a crowd
- Bakes in just 20 minutes.
- High-Fat (12 grams per serving)
- Fills you up between meals
- Has the iconic cheesy spinach dip flavor you love!
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate it 5 stars in the recipe card. 🌟
Spinach Dip Tips
Save yourself time and read through these tips before you try to make the dip. We’ll answer lots of low-carb cooking questions here.
Ready to lose weight and get healthy for life without dieting, drugs or making yourself miserable?
Our free on demand video training will help you understand why it’s been so hard and what do to about it.
Use a Food Processor or Blender
Trust us, this will save you a lot of time and effort. Your spinach artichoke dip will be creamier if you use a food processor to chop everything up and mix it together.
Bake In A Small Dish
If you try to bake it in a dish that’s too big, it will warm up faster. You can certainly use a 9×13 dish, just monitor the temperature of the dip so it doesn’t burn.
Adjust the Spiciness
How do you and your family like your food? If everyone prefers milder recipes, leave the jalapenos out. If you all love heat, then add some hot sauce on top. That’s the fun thing about cooking. You can make this keto spinach artichoke dip as spicy or as mild as you want.
Drain The Spinach Well
Don’t just dump the bag of frozen spinach into the food processor while it is still frozen. Your dip will come out way too soggy. Instead, thaw it and then drain it. Squeeze the spinach as it drains, try to remove as much water/moisture as you can.
- Spinach: Frozen spinach is the perfect consistency for this dip
- Onions: You need both green onions and either a white or yellow onion.
- Garlic: If you don’t have fresh minced garlic, some garlic powder will also work
- Cream Cheese: Always use full-fat cream cheese
- Artichoke Hearts: Use canned artichoke hearts
- Spices: To make it spicier, use a combination of horseradish, chili powder, salt, and black pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper: Either dice a fresh jalapeno or use some jarred diced jalapenos.
- Shredded Cheese: Grate some Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese at home for the fullest, freshest flavors
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post—but first, here are some photos showing you each step of the process.
Step 1. Add spinach, onion, green onions, and garlic to a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until it is well blended.
Step 2. Add cream cheese, artichoke hearts, and spices to the spinach mixture. Cover and pulse again until it is well blended.
Step 3. Add the Parmesan cheese, jalapenos, and mozzarella cheese. Cover and pulse again until well blended.
Step 4. Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until the top is browned and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, pork rinds, or our low-carb crackers.
Keep leftovers in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. The spinach dip will harden as it cools. To bring it back to life, just heat it slowly and stir frequently.
🌟 If you make this recipe and LOVE it, please leave a 5-star review below! 🌟
Low-Carb Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Food Processor
- Small Baking Dish
- 12 ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Green Onions finely sliced
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 14 ounces Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Jarred Jalapeno Peppers optional
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Add spinach, onion, green onions, and garlic to food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until well blended.
- Add cream cheese, artichoke hearts, and spices to spinach mixture. Cover and pulse again until well blended.
- Add parmesan cheese, jalepenos, and mozzarella cheese. Cover and pulse again until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to small baking dish. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until top is browned and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, pork rinds, or our low-carb crackers.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!