A delicious frozen ice cream popsicle. The perfect way to cool down but without the sugar. An easy blender recipe with only 4 simple ingredients.
These healthy sugar free ice blocks (popsicles) that can be made in just under 5 minutes, then freeze for later.
What are popsicles?
A popsicle is single-serve frozen ice cream on a stick. They may also be called ice blocks.
They are a quick and tasty portable ice cream that you can enjoy on the go, and you can keep in your freezer. They are single-serve so portion control is easy.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Do you need an ice cream maker?
No, you do not need an ice cream maker. This frozen ice cream dessert is so easy because it is made in a blender in just a couple of minutes.
There are some ice creams that do require an ice cream maker but you can usually adapt them all to be frozen as popsicles on a stick.
Sugar-free ice cream is a wonderful way to stop your sugar cravings, stay on track and stay cool this summer.
You might also like sugar free mint ice cream (with chocolate magic shell), peanut butter ice cream, and even berry layered cheesecake popsicles.
These Yogo Berry sugar free ice blocks are made with unsweetened natural yogurt, coconut cream, berries, and your favorite sugar free sweetener. You can use frozen berries, but in the summer months fresh berries become more readily available and the price drops.
- Berries – you can use fresh berries or frozen berries. The low sugar berry you decide to use will have an impact on the nutrition value of the frozen ice cream. The nutrion panel below is a guide only.
- Natural unsweetened yoghurt – always check labels for any added sugar, starches, cornflour or thickeners.
- Coconut cream – use the full fat coconut cream, not coconut milk. This ensures the sugar-free ice cream thickens when frozen and is smooth and creamy.
- Sweetener – use your favorite sugar replacement, and add more or less to your taste.
Ice blocks are so refreshing in the summer, children and adults love them. I made this one with only 4 ingredients and it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. They are sugar-free, color-free, preservative-free, and incredibly healthy.
Most frozen ice blocks, popsicles, ice lollies, or freezer pop are not much more than frozen sugar and flavorings. Next time you’re standing at the freezer at your grocery store, read the nutrition label to see how much added sugar they contain before you buy.
How to freeze popsicles
The sugar free ice cream mixture can be frozen in popsicle molds, in a cup with a spoon, or in ice cube trays. These would be great for teething babies wrapped in muslin to soothe their sore gums.
Yogo-Berry Sugar Free Popsicles Recipe
- Popsicle mold
- 125 g frozen berries
- 150 ml natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- Mash the berries and sweetener in a measuring jug using a fork.
- Add the coconut cream and yoghurt.
- Mix then pour into ice block moulds or ice cube trays.
- Freeze overnight.
Please leave a comment below requesting a new ice cream flavor you would like me to develop.
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!