This spicy queso dip is just thick and creamy enough to make the perfect dip for parties or to eat for lunch. It’s a very simple recipe that you can change up however you want. Do you want it to be the shape of a cheeseball? Serve it cold! Want it to be melty and hot? Serve it in a slow cooker.
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate it 5 stars in the recipe card. 🌟
Why You’ll Love It
- Only 2 grams total carbs
- Easy to make ahead
- High Fat (10 grams of fat)
- Easy to customize
Cream Cheese Dip Tips
Here are some common questions people ask about making this tasty dip. If you have additional questions, please leave them in the comments.
Ready to lose weight and get healthy for life without dieting, drugs or making yourself miserable?
Our free on demand video training will help you understand why it’s been so hard and what do to about it.
Can I use a block of cream cheese?
Yes, you can certainly use a block of cream cheese instead of a tub of softened cream cheese. A block of cream cheese is more difficult to stir together. We recommend letting the cream cheese sit out for about 20 minutes to let it soften so it is easier to mix.
How do I figure out how many carbs are in Â¼ of the dip?
This Mexican cheeseball dip is so incredibly tasty that you might be tempted to eat more than a few servings! We suggest using a food tracker app like Lose It! to adjust the servings and see instantly how many carbs are in that much dip. That’s the fastest and quickest way!
Why did you use salsa if it’s higher in carbs?
We only used Â¾ of a cup of salsa in the entire dip, and the dip makes 16 servings, so the salsa didn’t add that many carbs to the dish.
Should you serve this dip hot or cold?
If you want to make it look like a cheeseball, then we suggest letting it chill completely so it holds its shape better.
The flavors and ingredients all taste delicious when you melt them, too! So you could even serve it as a hot queso dip.
What low-carb things can I eat with this?
This tastes delicious with celery sticks, pork rinds, carrot sticks, keto cheese crackers or even some thick-sliced cucumbers.
Here’s what you’ll need from the store before you make this recipe. Read through the list of ingredients below (we will also share any swaps/substitutions you can make).
- Cream Cheese: This is the base of the recipe, and we suggest using tubs of soft cream cheese, which is easier to work with.
- Spices: Adjust the spices to suit your tastes. We used garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and onion powder.
- Hot Sauce: Use as much hot sauce as you want and choose the highest level of heat you can tolerate.
- Chopped Green Chili Peppers: These add color, nutrition and heat to the cheeseball dip.
- Salsa: Use your favorite kind of salsa, as long as it doesn’t have added sugar and isn’t made with fruit (like peaches or mango).
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese: We recommend shredded or grating a block of cheddar cheese at home. This way you’ll avoid hidden carbs.
How To Make Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
All the exact steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, we have some photos of each step in this recipe so you can see how we made it (this is for you, visual learners). Here’s what the recipe looks like when you make it.
Step 1. Mix all the ingredients together. You can either do this by hand or use an electric mixer.
Step 2. Place the mixture in a 1-quart dish.
Step 3. Chill it until you are ready to serve it!
This will stay fresh in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
🌟 If you make this recipe and LOVE it, please leave a 5-star review below! 🌟
Low-Carb Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- Electric Mixer
- 16 oz. Soft Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 4 oz. Chopped Green Chili Peppers from a can
- ¾ c. Salsa any type
- 2 c. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place it in a 1-quart casserole dish or bowl.
- Chill (covered) to blend seasonings.
PIN FOR LATER
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!