The world-famous keto ABC bun-less burger is a delicious combination of avocado, bacon, and chicken burger.
It’s grain-free, gluten free, high protein, and can be made in under 15 minutes for the whole family.
What is an ABC burger?
An ABC bun-less burger is a famous keto burger that is extremely low in carbs, high protein, and moderate healthy fats. The keto burger recipe is a delicious combination of:
Yes, it’s that simple, but calling it a keto bun-less ABC burger makes it easy to remember. Maybe it might catch on and we will see it at our local burger joint soon.
Are you ready to create the ultimate 12-month blueprint for reaching your health & weight loss goals this coming year?
Our free on-demand video training will walk you through how to make 2024 THE year you set health goals…and keep them.
Is chicken high protein?
Chicken is a great source of protein. Chicken is versatile and can be served as roast chicken, low carb chicken nuggets, low carb keto chicken salad, and my favourite, keto chicken curry with pumpkin and coconut.
Which part of the chicken you use will affect the ratio of protein and fat. You can also buy regular ground chicken or low fat ground chicken.
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
|Per 100g (3.5oz)||Net Carbs||Protein||Fat||Calories|
|Chicken breast, skinless||0||30.9g||4.5g||173|
|Chicken drumstick, skin eaten||0||27.3g||10g||206|
|Chicken drumstick, skinless||0||24.2g||5.7g||155|
|Chicken thigh, skin eaten||0||28.2g||13.2g||239|
|Chicken thigh, skinless||0||27.7g||6g||173|
|Chicken wing, skin eaten||0||23.8g||16.9g||354|
- Avocado – sliced avocado or guacamole always belong inside a delicious and creamy keto burger.
- Bacon – streaky bacon, crispy bacon, or bacon pieces.
- Chicken – the recipe calls for ground chicken but you can also use chicken breast or chicken schnitzel.
- Salad – any low carb vegetable will work. Iceberg lettuce, arugula, rocket, endive, romain lettuce, coleslaw, and sliced beef tomatoes.
- Pickles – gherkins are wonderful inside a burger, just make sure they have no added sugar.
- Sauces – avoid the high sugar ketchup and barbecue sauce, and use homemade sugar-free ketchup or sugar-free BBQ sauce instead.
Are there keto buns?
Yes, you can make homemade keto hamburger buns instead of using the lettuce wraps shown. And if you’re busy, you can even serve the avocado, bacon, and chicken burger naked, on top of a regular green garden salad.
What to serve with keto burgers
Bun-less burgers are quick, healthy, gluten-free, wheat free and a perfect mid-week family meal. It can be ready in 15 minutes.
No, traditional burgers are served with wheat buns, French fries, high sugar sauces, and a sugary fizzy drink.
It’s simple, just ask for a bun-less burger or ask for the burger to be served on top of a large salad. Ask for no ketchup but plenty of mayonnaise and cheese. Most burger joints will now offer a Paleo burger, naked burger, or lettuce wrap burger.
Yes, the burger patties are keto, because once you remove the wheat burger bun, the beef patty is zero carbs. Just remember they usually add sweet ketchup and sweet mustard so you’ll have to ask them to omit those. Some burger fast food restaurants will allow you to order JUST the burger patties with a salad and cheese.
Easy, ask for double, triple, or quadruple burger patties, maybe even add more bacon and an egg. Just don’t go overboard. Eating low-carb or keto does not as a license to eat to excess. High protein and healthy fats should be limiting your appetite so in the long run, you’ll end up consuming less.
Keto ABC bun-less burger recipe
- Frying Pan
- 1 spring onion/scallion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 750 g ground/minced chicken
- 1 eggs – medium
- ½ red onion slices
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 avocado
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix the ground/minced chicken with the spring onion, garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken burger mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape with your hands into burger patties firmly.
- Heat oil in the frying pan. Add the chicken burgers and fry gently on both sides until golden and cooked through to the centre.
- At the same time, fry the onion rings and bacon.
- Lay one large lettuce leaf on a plate. Make the ABC bun-less burger by placing the cooked bacon, chicken burger pattie, avocado, and cooked onion rings onto the lettuce. Fold the lettuce leaf over to become the lettuce "bun".
- Serve with a side salad or coleslaw.
- 50 best bunless burgers
- 31+ keto side dishes to serve with chicken
- Keto hamburger buns (that won’t fall apart)
- Keto cheeseburger salad
- Low-carb chicken nuggets (gluten-free)
Get our FREE guide to finally fix your metabolism!
Losing weight & getting healthy is never easy, but lately you might feel like it’s suddenly become impossible.
Our Flip the Switch guide will help you clearly understand what’s been going on, as well as exactly what you can do to get your metabolism working again so that you can look and feel your best—it’s easier and more simple than you think!